moving MS office over

Well as some know, I'm about to set up my new computer and I have yet another question...

I have MS Office on my old computer with Windows XP. I was wondering how I could get this over to my new Vista machine? Can I simply place the program file that sits in my Program Files on my HDD on my USB flash drive then move it to my new Vista Machine?

What steps can I take as I use Office quite a bit? Thanks all!

patrickv

whilst Vista supports office 2003 chances are it may or may not run.
I haven't tried so myself, because as you are aware when office installs it's not only Program Files that files are placed it, some links are made in the registry and so forth.
However this don't stop you from trying , if you can get it to run post back so we can know.. if not, then it's a re-install

PCC_Australia

Windows Easy Transfer is a good tool for transferring files and folder, To transfer the settings of a program to Windows Vista, you must install the program on the Windows Vista-based computer before you run Windows Easy Transfer.

Vista does support 2003, but you may have to download the compatibility patch that has been release by Microsoft recently...just do a google search for it.

Regards

Last edited:
well i do not have the CD for office anymore, is there no way to transfer it? I guess i am just sol then....

I was afraid of this, and after purchasing this Rig I have no money left for office at all!

i have actually just heard of this software and am in the process of downloading it....is it really as good as i have been hearing?

why do not more people use this then? it seems to good to be true!

cohen

i have actually just heard of this software and am in the process of downloading it....is it really as good as i have been hearing?

why do not more people use this then? it seems to good to be true!

Open Office,

There are a few / a lot of people on the forum that use it as well as MS office.

I personally don't but i have heard it is good.