Moving Outlook Folders to New Outlook Mailbox

deckman55

Hello all
A bit of background.Currently we have three e-mail accounts with btinternet.com (oh,no!!!!, you say)- Outlook (On Office 365) is the 3rd party and we use IMAP server. One of the BT e-mail addresses is my business. Fed up with BT server which frequently drops connection to Outlook- only happens with that business e-mail of course!! BT won't come out to play as they say I can access e-mails direct and they're only supporting web based issues. Going to use my website domain I have for future business e-mails, using the Outlook product. Why didn't I do this before, I hear you say! Not worried about the other 2 BT non business e-mail addresses. So, I will want to transfer all of my Business E mail folders to my new Outlook domain based e-mail account. Using same PC. Question is then, can I just use the Move Folder facility to transfer these folders/subfolders/e-mail messages , and will they stay in their new home? Or do I need to use file transfer .pst facility? If I still keep the BT account running, won't those old e-mails re-populate the old e-mail account folders or is it simply a question of turning off synchronise?