Mozilla Firefox

johnny v

I have downloaded Firefox, it shows that it was successfully downloaded, etc. When I click on icon on desktop nothing happens, what is the solution? I have also deleted program and downloaded again and again, still has the same problem.
John

xentio

Try double clicking... ooooooo.... its magic!:D
Just kidding.
Its possible there is something wrong with the shortcut. Try going into the folder and opening firefox from the actual program file.

ilya124

Try double clicking... ooooooo.... its magic!:D
Just kidding.
Its possible there is something wrong with the shortcut. Try going into the folder and opening firefox from the actual program file.

lol, yeah its probably just the shortcut.

Enjoihcky24/7

If your laptop is old it might have trouble opening all programs. My crappy dell sometimes takes over a minute to open a program.

Enjoihcky24/7

So Enjoihcky, do you hate dell because you have a "crappy" one?
No, because I have 2 bad Dell laptops and know other people (yes personally) that have had the same experience. One of my laptops doesn't even sit on my desk level. It's warped. The customer service is bad. The build quality is bad. I think my reasons are better than those who have no experience what-so-ever. I'm not gonna advise people to buy Dells when I've had bad experience. I think it's immoral to just let people spend a thousand dollars or more (or even less) when, I don't think they will last them. I would much rather see people buy computers that I know to be more reliable. That said, while their customer service is STILL bad, their desktops seem to work much better. So I don't usually tell them to avoid those. I would appreciate it if you don't treat me as an "anti" fanboy. Thanks.

Last edited:
But just because you have had bad expierences with them, and people that come here to discuss problems had a dell, does NOT mean they are bad.

I'm not treating you as an anti fanboy, I am just saying that when people on a forum either want a good value computer (inspiron), or a gaming computer (xps), shooing them away from Dell as a company does not help, just because you and people which you will not list, have had bad expierences.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/17/dell-satisfaction-rating-slips-still-better-than-hp-compaq/

Dell is still better than HP in customer service, so if you said the same things about HP's Customer Service, you would NOT be an anti fanboy. The ONLY reason you are saying bad things about them is because you and unlisted people have had bad times.

Instead of always calling dell crappy and recommending people to stay away from dell, you could atleast say something like "I have had bad expierences with dell, but they make good desktops and value laptops" or something like that.

I would appreciate it if you don't treat me as an "anti" fanboy. Thanks.
I guess if you see it as me treating you as an anti fanboy, that's the way it will be. Saying to stay away from dells because of their customer service, yet in reality, HP is worse but suggesting an HP, is Hippocratic.

Last edited:

Enjoihcky24/7

But just because you have had bad expierences with them, and people that come here to discuss problems had a dell, does NOT mean they are bad.

I'm not treating you as an anti fanboy, I am just saying that when people on a forum either want a good value computer (inspiron), or a gaming computer (xps), shooing them away from Dell as a company does not help, just because you and people which you will not list, have had bad expierences.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/08/17/dell-satisfaction-rating-slips-still-better-than-hp-compaq/

Dell is still better than HP in customer service, so if you said the same things about HP's Customer Service, you would NOT be an anti fanboy. The ONLY reason you are saying bad things about them is because you and unlisted people have had bad times.

Instead of always calling dell crappy and recommending people to stay away from dell, you could atleast say something like "I have had bad expierences with dell, but they make good desktops and value laptops" or something like that.

I guess if you see it as me treating you as an anti fanboy, that's the way it will be. Saying to stay away from dells because of their customer service, yet in reality, HP is worse but suggesting an HP, is Hippocratic.

I understand that sometimes individuals have bad experiences. I had 2 personally, I have friends and family that have had bad luck as well. I have said numerous times how they have decent desktops. I don't see how "shooing" people away from Dell is a negative thing for them (maybe for Dell). It is saving them the headache of dealing with any problems.

Ultimately people need to make up there own mind. People will here good and bad about every company. It's how much they hear about each that matters. I WILL NOT, however, ever allow someone to go into an expensive purchase without letting them now that I've had bad experiences.

You tell me I should specify that I've had problems? I think that's pretty obvious by my views towards them. But here's some examples of my usual posts regarding Dells.
I recommend that you DON'T get a Dell. I've had terrible luck with multiple Dell laptops. They're cheaply put together inside and out. Mine doesn't even sit on a level surface without rocking because it's warped.
You have Dell and Asus backwards! Asus has a great reputation both for price, quality, LONGEVITY, and tech support (2 years global 1 year accidental coverage both come standard). They are my MOST reccomended brand. I've had nothing but bad luck with Dell laptops.
I suppose, I might have just had bad luck, but personally at least I will not be buying another Dell. Their price/performance ratio isn't as good as it used to be anyway. HP and Asus, seem to be better now in this aspect (yes even with the famous Dell coupons).
Now I think that's enough of that.

Further, my experience with HP's is much better as well. While I do NOT, own one personally, I know people who do and none of them have had any problems. Suggesting HP is not hypocritical. However, I think you complaining about me "shooing" people away from Dell while at the same time knocking HP IS.

I gave Dell a chance, and then a second chance. This includes ONLY my personal experience and not those negative experiences my friends have had. I will continue to "shoo" people away from Dell because I don't like to see people waste their money. I could not in good conscience suggest them. If you would like to voice how you've had a great Dell or 2 great Dells or 30 great Dells, I personally don't care and will not ask you to stop, nor would a make any snipes at you regarding your opinion. If you disagree with that's fine.

I understand that sometimes individuals have bad experiences. I had 2 personally, I have friends and family that have had bad luck as well. I have said numerous times how they have decent desktops. I don't see how "shooing" people away from Dell is a negative thing for them (maybe for Dell). It is saving them the headache of dealing with any problems.

Ultimately people need to make up there own mind. People will here good and bad about every company. It's how much they hear about each that matters. I WILL NOT, however, ever allow someone to go into an expensive purchase without letting them now that I've had bad experiences.

You tell me I should specify that I've had problems? I think that's pretty obvious by my views towards them. But here's some examples of my usual posts regarding Dells.
I recommend that you DON'T get a Dell. I've had terrible luck with multiple Dell laptops. They're cheaply put together inside and out. Mine doesn't even sit on a level surface without rocking because it's warped.
You have Dell and Asus backwards! Asus has a great reputation both for price, quality, LONGEVITY, and tech support (2 years global 1 year accidental coverage both come standard). They are my MOST reccomended brand. I've had nothing but bad luck with Dell laptops.
I suppose, I might have just had bad luck, but personally at least I will not be buying another Dell. Their price/performance ratio isn't as good as it used to be anyway. HP and Asus, seem to be better now in this aspect (yes even with the famous Dell coupons).
Now I think that's enough of that.

Further, my experience with HP's is much better as well. While I do NOT, own one personally, I know people who do and none of them have had any problems. Suggesting HP is not hypocritical. However, I think you complaining about me "shooing" people away from Dell while at the same time knocking HP IS.

I gave Dell a chance, and then a second chance. This includes ONLY my personal experience and not those negative experiences my friends have had. I will continue to "shoo" people away from Dell because I don't like to see people waste their money. I could not in good conscience suggest them. If you would like to voice how you've had a great Dell or 2 great Dells or 30 great Dells, I personally don't care and will not ask you to stop, nor would a make any snipes at you regarding your opinion. If you disagree with that's fine.

However, say what you mean and do it civilly. I don't need any snide remarks such as:
So Enjoihcky, do you hate dell because you have a "crappy" one?

And how often do I suggest HP? I think my suggestion is usually Asus.

G25r8cer

Wohoo another flaming war over what pc's are crap!!

As for HP. They are not even in the same category as Dell's. LOL

Ok, I'm sorry I thought you only said dell were worse than others because you have had bad experiences. I was just going by the numbers but I see where you're coming from. And I've never had a dell.

I just didn't understand why, when dell had better customer satisfaction ratings, and were often 10-20 percent cheaper with coupons, he hated them so avidly.

G25r8cer

Well srry but, I agree with him. Dell is not the greatest at all. Have you read up lately? Dell is getting sued for not supplying the customer service that they presented. LOL So, how about that customer service, huh?

I'm not arguing with any more people that hate dell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell

Dell acknowledges they are not doing well on customer service, but they increased the spending on customer service to help. They are trying to improve it. Besides lackluster customer service, the last two problems, major, that I remember dell having were low quality lcd screens and paint chips off their xps models.

edit: The survey was about customer satisfaction, not service.

edit: http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
On the first three pages, (newest), people had no major problems. People talk about bloatware, scratches due to misuse, battery life, deciding on which model to get, clicking noises (resolved), formatting questions and warranty questions. If dell were that bad, I would not have seen the newest 4 pages on a forum without a major problem.

Last edited:

Tapir

I have downloaded Firefox, it shows that it was successfully downloaded, etc. When I click on icon on desktop nothing happens, what is the solution? I have also deleted program and downloaded again and again, still has the same problem.
John

Anybody????