Mozilla vs IE

Mozilla vs IE

• Mozilla

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

boombaby

My friend and I are having another debate, this time over Mozilla vs IE, I clearly know my computer is almost spyware free since I have started using Mozilla ( Firefox). My friend is a stubborn person and his PC is riddled with spyware. He will not take my good advice. I need you to give him reasins why Firefox rules. Please vote in my poll

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Firefox is a dangerous piece of software because its users are fanatics. I'm not saying that IE is the best soft ever, but I could not ask for more from a browser than IE can (I tried Firefox and didn't like it).
Firefox is spyware-free YET! When it will finally (if ever) have the functionality of IE it will be vulnerable too.

Last edited:

canuck

as much as i hate plugging for MS, IE6.0 is going to be the best browser if you are running a MS os. The software develpers at microsoft write code to work with their own operating system and IE uses hooks in the os for all kinds of different reasons. The least of which is security. If there was a better browser out there, you can rest assured that MS would buy it or squash it. None of the browsers out there, (i've tried them all) can marry themselves into widows as good as IE is nestled in there.If you are using linux or apple then maybe my answer would be different.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
I just prefer Firefox and Opera to IE. Tabbed browsing, more 'safe', but yes they are less functional than IE. Nicely customisable as well. Pop-up blocking.

That's about it really. I'm stuck on them, can't use IE anymore :p

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's a matter of taste. I like IE more, but I'm not killing everyone who use another browser.
Those Firefox-activists drive me nutts... :p

whatsmydingo

I use firefox, but really because of the tabs. I find it neater than than all the extra windows being open. I haven't found the functionality issues, except for a few "plugins" that it'll want. But I don't do much else on the web that would need huge functionality I guess, or at least anything that firefox can't handle.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
I like both....

Why does one have to say one thing is better than the other. I personally think that both of them have different things to offer. However, since this is a poll, I would say that IE is my favorite. However, I would say that I have had some random crash problems with IE since the time I first got my MS Windows. Well anyway, please do not stone me in saying that Mozilla is a bit too simple for me to like it.

JAN :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
It seems that Microsoft bashing is a common theme these days.

The fact remains that over 94% of the market still uses IE.

As a programmer, having to program for the other 6% who are unable to see frames... xml.. etc... seems like a waste of space. (noframes tags can get annoying, especially when dealing with large companies)

I personally am against a company monopolizing an industry. IE is not perfect, far from it... but until another browser comes along that is as versatile and universal, I will stick with IE.

charly

I just got the new tests

From knowen 37 bugs, MS fixed 30% out of it
Mozilla has 2 knowen and unfixed ones + they pay a $500 bonus if someone get's an unknowen bug.
IS + MS -> they use users for testing, like the new "freeware" what checks out if there's registered OS on your HD (+ some secrets i guess so)

For browsing i use Mozilla, for (office) programming i need IE.
but everyone should be free to choose, as long we are able to choose :p

b3n

VIP Member
IE is way better than Mozilla. Simply because its more supported and its got more functionality.