MP3 player not recognized

I have 3 mp3 players that I use for a ear condition. The oldest is 5 years old. Until yesterday all worked with my computer & WMP. Now all 3 are not recognized by my computer. I have Windows 7. Bought a new one today and it will not work either. Have tried all the fixes that I have searched for. Anyone know why all of a sudden this would happen? Pretty strange. Thanks!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into disk management and see what it says. You can also try uninstalling the usb's in device manager and then reboot and see if that fixes it.

Go into disk management and see what it says. You can also try uninstalling the usb's in device manager and then reboot and see if that fixes it.
Did that a couple of times and it says it's not successfully installed. Don't understand why the new one won't work. Strange problem just like my Google Maps situation. Fixed that by deleting Google Earth.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Run an elevated command prompt, type "sfc /scannow" without the quotation marks and press enter. This will scan for any missing or corrupt system files. Or you may just want to reinstall windows. Something is corrupt. Do these work on a different pc?

Coby MP-620 Have used them 7 days a week for years. They still work just can't connect to the computer. Was always very easy to use with WMP.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well if you can try them on a couple more pc's to see what the results are then you can just about verify what the issue is.

Agree. So far have only tried them on our other laptop. Same result. I just now plugged in my Fiio mini amp to charge and I get the same message. Got to be the computer I would say.

Last edited: