MSI MB Issue?

Twist86

So I just installed my XP Professional SP3 and my new 320gb seagate HD and I noticed this morning I was getting this message when I am booting up on the screen after the MSI Del/Tab option that said something like.

not enough space in in runtime area SMBIOS data will not be available.

Now windows boots up and I can do everything I want include gaming but that message doesn't seem like a good thing to me. I am really hoping nothing is wrong.

Also dunno if this makes any difference but I did have Vista Ultimate x64 installed previously on this PC.

also using google I found this

"This message is displayed when the size of the SMBIOS data exceeds the available SMBIOS runtime storage size."

I can't find it on my bios options.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
- This message is displayed when the size of the SMBIOS data exceeds the available SMBIOS runtime storage size.
- This indicates that the SMBIOS event log is full, then BIOS stops logging events to the SMBIOS event log. The SMBIOS event log can be cleared in BIOS Setup under the SMBIOS Event Log menu...

hmm if the system boots up fine and its not slowing your pc at boot then tbh i would leave it,i googled that quote above from google and it seems people cant find the option in the bios to clear the even log anyway so.

houseofbugs

I just had this happen to my little brothers computer last night. Here is how you fix it.

1. Clear the BIOS.
2. Turn the system on.
3. AFTER 2 SECONDS PRESS CTRL THEN PAGEUP. You will hear a series of beeps.
4. Let it go for about 10 seconds.
5. Clear the BIOS again.
6. Go into the BIOS and find the 'Clear NVRAM' setting and put it to yes.
7. Save and exit.
8. Reboot.

That should work.

~Tim

Twist86

I see I will try it...just curious what if you don't do anything to it? Also why is it just now popping up? What caused it to fill up?

Last edited:

Twist86

I see thank you very much it got rid of the error :)

I have another issue though I hope you can help with.

I now ran HD Tune 2.55 and it shows my avg transfer rate as this

Now my MB claims it supports SATAII 300mb so I removed the jumper from 1.5 to 3.0.

IS this new drive dying or am I missing a driver?. Also what is a raid driver? I noticed it when I was searching SATA help is it for 1 drive or multiple only?

Last edited: