MSI Motherboards

KImba1

Why are MSI motherboards so unreliable? I just has a MSI motherboard fail after hardly any use and a period of 12 months. After speaking with quite a few other people who have also had similar experiences with them it has got me thinking, why are they so unreliable? Also, why is their service so slow? I have been without it for around 4 weeks and now they are saying it will be another 6 weeks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Its been like that for years, at least the unreliability. There have been many of members on here through the years with MSI motherboards that have had issues with them. Makes me wonder about their gaming laptops. I've been pretty happy with Gigabyte. I started out using Asus motherboards but had a few issues and switched to Gigabyte and never looked back. I can't say anything about their service though as I've never had to use it lol.

10 weeks is just absurd. They should at least send you either a new or refurbished motherboard. Asus was pretty quick with their rma's back in the day not sure now. I've never had to use Gigabytes rma process since switching to them. I have a computer repair business and have used Gigabyte boards for the last 10 years or so and I have built many of systems for my clients.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I was always a Gigabyte fan myself but couldn't find a board I liked when I built my new PC back in April. I went with an MSI board for the first time (x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi). So far it's been great.

EDIT: The built in wifi is garbage so I only use it for the bluetooth. I use my Asus AC56 card instead.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
I've had pretty good luck with MSI video cards, but hate their motherboards. Use nothing but Gigabyte for years. ASRock used to be a budget board, but no to bad anymore.

ThatOne

What made you make a broad sweeping generalization about MSI motherboards being so bad? OP can I ask what your experience level is? You didn't list a shred of hardware specifics but you shredded MSI. I'm going to guess you are very and I do mean very inexperienced. MSI mainboards outsell Asus and Gigabyte for years now, and the GPU's with TwinFrozr are legendary.

Last edited:

aldan

What made you make a broad sweeping generalization about MSI motherboards being so bad? OP can I ask what your experience level is? You didn't list a shred of hardware specifics but you shredded MSI. I'm going to guess you are very and I do mean very inexperienced. MSI mainboards outsell Asus and Gigabyte for years now, and the GPU's with TwinFrozr are legendary.
any specifics you would like to supply here to back up your broad sweeping generalization?