msn messenger troubles

i was using msn messenger 7 (beta) since it came out, but a while ago my computer crashed. I reinstalled it, but now when I sign in, i get this message "Signing in to .NET messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". And this has been going on for a month so theres no way its in fact unavailable. Any suggestions?

-Fil

quite a few times actually, i even installed an older one but it still didnt work. It says the server is busy, but how is everyone else getting on?

smftexas86

sorry bout the confusion, I know I told you to donwload it again, but I think it is something with msn right now, because I can't login either. So maybe we should just wait for a while and see

S_Doherty

It has been down today, but it definately hasn't been down for a month....can you sign in using windows messenger?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Windows Messenger

It's like a crappy version of MSN messenger....does the same thing and is compatible with MSN messenger. I realised that MSN has been down today...or at least for some time. I am also using the version 7 Beta and had no problems with it. It's actually less buggy in my case than 6.2 was. Just hope it will improve further.

JAN :D

dansilva

since msn messenger 7 is a beta programe it tends to have eorrors (bugs) so until its bug free there will be hustle now and then on msn 7 beta

Bobo

banned
Server is to busy to process request. The service is temporarily overloaded.

Got that off some website

Bobo

banned
ask-leo.com/why_am_i_getting_error_code_800701f7_in_msn_messenger.html

TOOLS|INTERNET OPTIONS
CONNECTIONS TAB
ALWAYS DIAL MY DEFAULT CONNECTION

See if that works

Tim :cool:

smftexas86

I don't even use msn msessenger, I use trillian, and it connects. If nothing else I would go and get the last full stable version of msn, and wait until msn 7 isn't a beta anymore.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
There was some overhauling done yesterday (or was it the other day i cant remember) resulting in loss of connectivity with MSN. I heard that the webmessenger was functional but didnt care enough to try

dave597

VIP Member
MSN 7 has a lot of security issues, anyone using it from the download site will not work, unless you apply some 3rd party patch. I dont think its worth it though. Just wait until they release it properly.

MSN was down yesterday and day before. Its okay today.