msn problem

Moan

i dont know how to call it maybe its some kind of virus..

so basicly i log on to my msn and it automaticly sends some1 like a site of some photo.. i cant seem to do anything about it

i scanned my computer with avast it didnt find anything but im still kinda worried

can u tell if its a virus?

Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Change your msn/hotmail password and the emails should stop until your password gets hacked again.

gamblingman

VIP Member
Like johnb35 said, change your msn password. And no its not harmful to your hardware to do that.

If you are worried that your computer is infected, we can check it. Just follow the below.
- - - - - -
Please, don't do anything else on the computer while working with these programs. Close all other open windows before proceeding through these instructions and perform all the below in normal boot, NOT safe mode.:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware HERE or HERE and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    o and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Now, you can generate a HijackThis log by doing the following:

Download HijackThis.exe from HERE

Run the HijackThis.exe file by double-clicking it.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log and a detailed description of any and all problems you are experiencing.