MSN question

Calibretto

VIP Member
Hello. I use Verizon DSL with MSN Premium. I can only access the internet if I sign in through MSN. So for example, I can't access the internet through firefox, IE, etc without signing in to MSN. But MSN is slow and just want use firefox without having to sign into MSN. Is there a way?

burton_o6

I would run spyware scans. Just because you have msn premium, and have the browser, does not mean you cant use firefox. Check firewalls. Restart pc. Powercycle the modem

Calibretto

VIP Member
It's not because my PC is infected. It's just thats how my internet is set up. I can only view websites if I sign on to MSN.

Calibretto

VIP Member
nope. Didn't work.

I think thats just how MSN is set up. You can't access the internet w/o signing on to MSN.

bigsaucybob

Do you really need MSN, if you dont then just uninstall it. If firefox works after you uninstall it and you like firefox better, then leave it.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Well, It's not my decision. My parents want to keep it cause it provides their e-mail and plus it has parental controls. All I want is firefox and thunderbird.

Burgon

I think that callibretto has a computer which only enables him to go to the internet ( like the ones if internet cafe) and so it only has the one program that it can use to surf on the net.