msn

barrytibbles

is there a way to stop my msn address receiving emails. i just wanna use it for chatting and not receiving any emails. i know you can block addys but there on the ones that a know, i wanna stop all.

Hellbreather

I would suggest possibly get in touch with Hotmail and ask them if there is any possiblity since they are the ones that handle with that kind of thing.

Hope this helps
Hellbreather.

magicman

VIP Member
I doubt you will be able to get Hotmail to block your address. What you can do is turn your junk mail filter to Exclusive, meaning only messages from your contact list and messages originating from Hotmail Staff will arrive in your Inbox. Everything else will be sent to your junk mail folder, and will be deleted after 5 days. You won't get any notification from MSN Messenger for emails sent straight to your junk mail folder. The only thing that would be needed is making sure that your contact list stays as exclusive as you want. Be careful deleting hotmail contacts though, your hotmail contacts will include your MSN contacts.

magicman

VIP Member
Sure. In your main Hotmail inbox, click Options at the top right corner. Click Junk E-Mail Protection, then Junk E-Mail Filter. Check the button for "Exclusive", and click OK.