Multiple Display 101 - Beta - Your inputs please

Jerrick

Im excited for my dual-monitor setup. :p

Got it today! Taking it out of the box, the 22" monitor didnt seem so big, but putting it by my 19", geeze. What a difference. lol

Windows default setting was ok, so I came here to make it better, read about ultramon, got it, and now im set. Thanks for all this info. For now I have my secondary laptop running as a slideshow of pictures.

I need to find a really nice Vortex looking screensaver. Something that makes you feel like your being sucked into the screen.

magichater

Thank You All,

I have been looking at how todo this for a long time now, just got mine all setup and looking cool.

Thanks again

Steve
ad3019b856147c17e82a5bead782d2a8.jpg
359f38463d487e9e29bd20e24f0c050a.jpg
cd0dce8fca267bf1fb86cf43e18d5598.jpg

Last edited:

sniperchang

I'm very pleased with the positive reviews. I'm glad that people are starting to get into multi-display systems, they really are awsome. :)

Sorry, I haven't been showing up often, been really busy since university started. But I'll be alot more around during chrismas break!

funkysnair

VIP Member
i love dual monitors--wouldnt look back...

so much flexability!

you can watch movies (filth) whilst surfing net etc

sniperchang

Thanks Danny.

So how would this work performance wise. I'm guessing that we could think of the sli'd cards as a more powerful one with multiple heads, similar to running two monitor on one card. This would mean the cards still "work together", for games and running the desktop while being able to run multiple monitors. Sounds about right?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yup, pretty much. Just tried it out. Works fine with two monitors.

When gaming, your primary monitor shows the game, whilst the secondary shows the desktop.

Dystopia

This is really cool. there is just one thing that I didn't get. I tried spanning two monitors once(i think). The desktop and most other things spanned acrossed both monitors, so I assume that I had it on span. But what ever game I turned on, it switched to the primary monitor! How can I get it to play together? Both had same resolution and I'm pretty sure both had the same refresh rate. Could it be the games? Does crysis support dual monitors? Thanks in advance!

nipzon

Ok so if my m/board only has one PCI-E 16 slot, one PCI-E 1 slot and 2 PCI slots.

1. How many display cards can I install to have three displays.

2. Without suffering bandwidth?

3. What is the PCI-E 1 slot for?

Loshee

Hey guys, had an evga 7600 gt, was running dual monitors.

Just upgraded to a evga 9500 gt, Both monitors are plugged in (and work separately) but the computer doesn't recognize the 2nd monitor. No matter which order I try to put them in. I've upgraded to latest drivers...any ideas?

Loshee

Sorry for the double post, to give a little more info: in nvidia control panel, I can use the 2nd monitor (using clone or span)

Both options kind of suck though...on the 7600gt it was much easier, just went through windows and extended my desktop...not an option right now though

Thanks guys.

BagOfDeadCats

I'm trying to set up dual monitors. I have one card, a GeForce 8500 GT which supports dual displays. It even comes with a DVI to VGA adapter. I hooked up the secondary monitor and my Nvidia control panel and device manager recognized the second monitor, but only one shows up under my Display Settings tab. And when I restart my computer after plugging everything in, I just get two black screens and nothing shows up on either. I don't understand, can anyone help?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Can you run 4 monitors with two 8600GT's? I have someone asking me this question, I'm not sure if you can or not. With SLI disabled.