Music through soundcard

Mikeohioukus

Hello, I'm having an issue playing music through my soundcard, I'm trying it on Paltalk, I'm running Windows 7.

When playing music everythings fine, However depending on what volume i have set is how loud its played through the soundcard for others to hear, Sometimes i have to turn my volume all the way down to talk to someone, answer phone etc... But from previous experience music should still be played at a decent volume through the soundcard.

I edited the stereo mix levels and nothing has changed... I have a laptop and first thought i didnt have that feature availible.. but clearly i do as i enabled stereo mix and played music through that, not a microphone to the speakers.

I have no idea what else to do i have tried many things.. I'd appriciate any help.

thanks guys!

gamerwithoutrig

Well, when you are in for example windows media player, you can turn the volume down inside there, maybe it was low before, and suddenly raised, so the volume will be alot higher?

Mikeohioukus

Well, when you are in for example windows media player, you can turn the volume down inside there, maybe it was low before, and suddenly raised, so the volume will be alot higher?

Yes, when i turn the volume down within windows media player, it also is turning down what i'm playing through the soundcard... when i go to recording and look at stereo mix.. the bar next to it with the green levels, its blank no sounds going through it.