MUST READ!! this is sad and shocking

Discussion in 'Computer Games and Consoles' started by joeswm8, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Redbull{wings}

Redbull{wings} Active Member

lol:D

2. DCIScouts

DCIScouts VIP Member

Yet another example of how some parents try to please their kids waaay to much in this country. It's sad that she died, yes, but geez, go get your kids parcheesi or something...

3. Shane

Shane Super Moderator Staff Member

ooh man thats realy sad. :(

4. The_Beast

The_Beast New Member

^^^i didnt know any of that^^^

it is a sad story

5. chrisalviola

chrisalviola New Member

what about the contest promoters? what they do after she died? maybe free games for the family for a year.

6. joeswm8

joeswm8 New Member

or forever

7. lovely?

lovely? Active Member

it disgusts me . (period)

8. Cromewell

Cromewell Administrator Staff Member

There's going to be a lawsuit, that's pretty much a gurantee. America is the great land of litigation. She probably drank in excess of 5 gallons of water, without going to the bathroom. At some point you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. Think about the discomfort of holding all that in and that's got to be the least of the side-effects.

9. apj101

apj101 VIP Member

its a radio show right....how do they prove your not going to the toilet

10. Yasu

Yasu New Member

11. Blue

Blue <b>VIP Member</b>

Good point, I do not remember reading anything about that. I just assumed they went into the station for the contest.

12. joeswm8

joeswm8 New Member

13. mrgeorgedude

mrgeorgedude New Member

Ya this happened in the area where i live. ive always hated the radio station 107.9. I guess 10 of the people who worked at the station got fired for the conest too though. (EDIT: i guess yasu said that already but still)

and even if they still did win the wii, would it be worth playing knowing your own mom died because of it?

:( :( Pretty sad

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  14. Cromewell

Of course they went to the station, to think it was a call in contest is silly :p

The local station here had a series going for a while where they picked one of the 7 deadly sins and put different things related to the one they picked on a wheel. Like for the wheel of sloth, people had to sit and watch the same olsen twin movie for 24 hours straight (they were allowed bathroom breaks at fixed times). All events were held at the station.

15. mrgeorgedude

mrgeorgedude New Member

Hopefully this event will teach local stations to be more cautious with what they do.

And in the car driving to school earlier, i was listening to 107.9, and they accidentaly cursed on live-air. this station really isnt doing too well.

16. Cromewell

That happens so much here (102.1 the edge) that the morning show has a disclaimer about it. Plus the morning show is so incredibly juvenile in their humour (IMO it's really funny) they have to warn people if they have young kids in the car.

17. ghost

ghost Active Member

18. joeswm8

joeswm8 New Member

wait, is it okay to drink a lot of water while going to the bathroom immediately when needed?

they said her brain swelled up from too much water so i am scared

because my legs are really cramping bad and i am drinking a ton of water

i dont want to die

19. 4W4K3

4W4K3 VIP Member

I had no idea the broadcast in Canada! I listen the 102.1 The Edge everyday, its my fav station. Number 1 on my dial.

Big 93.3 The Bone fan too, lots of classic rock and some newer stuff too. You get that one?

20. Cromewell

It's similar to drinking too much alcohol. Even if you go to the bathroom a lot it doesn't make you less drunk.
    Yeah, www.edge.ca :D