My 1200 build...good?

gamefan

New Member
CASE - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3L LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128406

Graphics card - SAPPHIRE 100282SR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102857

PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

Processor - Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115214

Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231275

HD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148395

CD/DVD - LG Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754

Total price: $1,143

1. Any compatibility problems?
2. Any upgrade/suggestions?
3. Will I have any problems fitting the graphics card / mobo ect into the case?
 
thanks for the replies!

only thing left that slightly concerns me is the size of the graphics card fitting into the case..or am i just being paranoid?
 
excellent!

this also might be a stupid question, but when I get the "bare drive" harddrive, it'll come with the connectors/cables, right? :)
 
excellent!

this also might be a stupid question, but when I get the "bare drive" harddrive, it'll come with the connectors/cables, right? :)

No, but the cables you need will come with the motherboard and PSU. The motherboard comes with some SATA cables, so that just leaves connecting power from your PSU.
 
^ that

The only other thing it lacks is screws, which isn't a problem since your case has a screwless system.
 
thanks for the replies!

only thing left that slightly concerns me is the size of the graphics card fitting into the case..or am i just being paranoid?

It fits with loads to spare, I built a system for a friend in that case with that exact card about 2 months ago. The only con with that case that I can see, and it really is a nit picky one, is the power on button is crap, it is an arse to push, but ofcourse, you only do that a couple times a day max anyway, so isn't really a problem :P
 
Where are you located? Micorcenter has the CPU for $50 less. The GPU wil fit the case but unless you like the 690 I think the 590 is better, it will fit also fit a 5970 because of the HDD layout = more room.

I have the same MOBO sitting in my closet for a low cost i-5 build. Keep this in mind, this MOBO says it is CF but do not count on it unless you do not want too use any bottom ports (you will! USB ect). Plus the second PCIE is so far you would need some sort of long CF cable to connect it, I know the one that came with my 5850 does not look like it will fit.

I would consider the ASUS PT755 (probably the wrong numbers, its late). I just built one for my friend and it had much better specs. The UD3L also does not clock 1600 which is faster and cost less or the same as 1333. If you want to buy my MOBO I will give you a deal so I can buy a nicer board, its new in the box...

Frys has an Antec 650w on sale for $59 right now, more money saved.
 
Back
Top