My Board should be good....right?

ace077

hey im thinking about putting this board in my new build;

Asus M4N72-E AMD 750a SLI Chipset DDR2/1066 SATA PCI-Express MBoard w/Video,GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio

im going to be putting in a ATI Radeon 5850 as my main gpu so im worried this board wont get the best out of it. i know there are pros here so help me out here, thanks:D

Zatharus

VIP Member
It isn't so much the motherboard but the CPU you should worry about. Any decent Phenom II and you will be just fine.

ace077

would u recommend the best duel core ( X2 550 Black Edition Dual-Core) or the lowest priced quad core phenomII i can find

Zatharus

VIP Member
For under $100, the Phenom II X2 550 or the 555BE would be decent. Though, for around $160 you could get the Phenom II X4 955BE which would give you much more longevity and more horsepower.

linkin

VIP Member
How about an Athlon II x4? I heard they are okay for gaming. you can always upgrade again anyway

Zatharus

VIP Member
Linkin also has a good point for the budget minded. The Althlon II's are the same as their Phenom II counterparts minus the L3 Cache and will suit you just as well. At the low end, however, the price difference is only $10-20.

Drenlin

I wouldn't get that motherboard. It's an older Nvidia nForce motherboard, which doesn't allow crossfire. It's also an AM2+ board, which means DDR2 instead of DDR3. (you may be ok with that...?)

There are much better boards for the price.

ace077

I wouldn't get that motherboard. It's an older Nvidia nForce motherboard, which doesn't allow crossfire. It's also an AM2+ board, which means DDR2 instead of DDR3. (you may be ok with that...?)

There are much better boards for the price.

Well for me, one Gpu is fine so i dont care about crossfire, and honestly i only need compatibility for 1 monitor but DDR3 is something i really wanted in my board but couldnt find at a reasonable price, what would u recommend?