My comp wont boot from my vista CD.

Zargot

Hello. :D

So lately my pc has been acting up, so ive decided to format the thing and re-install vista on a clean drive. When i toss the cd into my pc and run the setup, after installing my sata drivers it tells me to reboot from the cd to make changes to the partitions. so i reboot my pc with my neat little vista cd inside my cd rom, but i never get the option to boot from it.

i've tried removing the harddrive completely from the boot order thingymajiggy in the bios, but somehow it still manages to boot from the harddrive, and still doesnt let me boot from the cd. a fairly impressive thing to do imo.

anyways, hoping this brilliant forum can help me out again ^^ thanks for clicking on my thread.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Sometimes there is a hotkey that lets you pick what boot device you want from a list on startup. I would suggest giving that a try. I've noticed that anymore these days they're designing computers' bios to do exactly what you described, i think it's to help the more ignorant population not screw things up when they start messing with and changing things that they don't know anything about. It's rather annoying for those of us that do know what we're doing because that means we have to suffer at the hand of the ignorance of others. Anyway, if that doesn't work see if you can't find a way to format the hard drive so then it doesn't have anything to boot from other than the cd drive.

ok well try i know this sounds kinda stupid but what if you disconnected the hdd alltogether? and then later put it back in, (why do you want to boot from disk if its on the hdd ?)