My computer doesnt start =/

xCan0n

Hello.. Im new on this forum and this is my first thread so answer plz =)
Don’t know where Ill add this so I add it here..

Anyway.. Now to the problem:
I got my new chassi yesterday and put all the things in it when I got home. But when I filled the watercooling system I saw that it leaked at the CPU block so I turned of the pump and let it dry out over the night.
Now on the morning I took a hairdryer and blew into the chassi so all the water would disapear completely.
When I put all togheter again and there was no leak anywhere I tryed to start it. The first time I got to the end of BIOS and then it powered down and now when I try to start it doesnt give any respons.
I have done the following troubleshootings:
Pulled out the cd-rom
Pulled out the harddrives
Removed the memory
Tried with another PSU
Removed the BIOS battery
Pulled out the USB contacts to the front
Pulled out the sound contacts to the front

Someone that knows what I might do to get it to start ?
I really doesnt want to send it in..

Oh.. One more thing. When I removed the waterblock, by some reason, the CPU was stuck on it so it followed the block without I pulled the lock handle up =/
So some of the pins got bend but Ill took a knife and bend them back so it fitted to the sockel again.

These are the things I have:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2 GHz Socket 754, 512 KB cache, BOXED
Crucial PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL3 5ns Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V, 64Meg x 64
Asus K8N Moderkort for Socket 754 nForce3 250,SATA,LAN,ATX,Raid,Sound

Thanx for all the answers =)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
I am no expert...

I am no expert at this, but it seems that some kind of a short occured. Maybe one of the pins broke. Check for that. Maybe the processor went bust. That could partly explain the failure to boot properly and later at all. That's all I can think of for now. I don't wanna scare you but it seems something messed up either with the mobo or the processor :eek: .

JAN :D

Lax

VIP Member
If you were a wiz with microscopes and CPU's you could see if the CPU is a melted blob of silicon. But most likey you bent a pin OFF the cpu and didn't notice it. Or you could have shorted the PSU somehow, or blown a fuse, not to sure how it could have been possible but it's always a possibility.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I filled the watercooling system I saw that it leaked at the CPU block so I turned of the pump and let it dry out over the night.
What leaked where?

When I put all togheter again and there was no leak anywhere I tryed to start it. The first time I got to the end of BIOS and then it powered down and now when I try to start it doesnt give any respons.
You didnt SEE any liquid, is it possible some got somewhere you couldnt see?

Removed the BIOS battery
Did you also fiddle with the BIOS jumpers?

Oh.. One more thing. When I removed the waterblock, by some reason, the CPU was stuck on it so it followed the block without I pulled the lock handle up =/
So some of the pins got bend but Ill took a knife and bend them back so it fitted to the sockel again.
Wow. How?! Wow.

If you were a wiz with microscopes and CPU's you could see if the CPU is a melted blob of silicon.
Yeah but that would require popping the CPU housing off.

Dsk954

I am no wiz but I think you have a short or your PSU is broken. Since you dont POST at startup it probably isnt your RAM,CD-ROm,HDD because that would give you a post been error thing. Bending pins isnt the best for your CPU :( if you have an old PSU I would try that and if it gets farther maybe it would be a short somewhere?

Lax

VIP Member
Just like the other post, get a POST card, and usually ram will still boot even if it's bad.