my computer ideas

mx344

i have an idea of what i want,but by all means if you have advice tell me:)

case:Apevia X-Jupiter Jr.
cpu: AMD 9550
power supply: nzxt 600 watt
cpu: maxorb coolin fan
mobo: asus 780G
gcard:8800GT-512mb
soundcard:creative labs sb autigy(will upgrade later)
ram:2gigs of consair 800 ram(nothin special)
drive:320gig seagate drive
dvd drive: 20x standard drive.
linksys wireless adpter for internet...
vista Home Premium 64b
? suggestions?

it will be built from a company,but i will be upgrading some extras in it. and my price range is about 950$

Last edited:

[trs]ALUMINUM

Are you going to get this built by a company or are you building it yourself?

Also what is your budget?

That build you have there now is good. It will last you a couple down the road.

starsale

The Six Dumbest Ideas in Computer Security
There's lots of innovation going on in security - we're inundated with a steady stream of new stuff and it all sounds like it works just great. Every couple of months I'm invited to a new computer security conference, or I'm asked to write a foreword for a new computer security book. And, thanks to the fact that it's a topic of public concern and a "safe issue" for politicians, we can expect a flood of computer security-related legislation from lawmakers. So: computer security is definitely still a "hot topic." But why are we spending all this time and money and still having problems?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Looks good, but 8800GT is getting a little outdated, I would get a Radeon 4850 (handles all games currently out there maxed out). If you're not playing anything too heavy, 8800GT is a good option, but if you want to save a little, you may want to consider 9600 (9600GT and 9600GSO both perform nearly as good as the 8800GT).

I would also get 4GB RAM since it's so cheap nowadays, and you're getting a 64-bit OS so you'll get to use all of it. 2GB for Vista is enough, but kinda low for your current system, you won't be able to multitask with 2GBs of RAM and you definitely want more multitasking headroom to get full use of your quad-core CPU.

Everything else seems good to me.

EDIT: Just saw that you're buying from a company... anyway, it seems a fairly good deal, but I would still upgrade the RAM to 4GBs. However, I would recommend you build your own computer. Where are you buying from anyways/Where do you live?

Last edited:

mx344

there is a coputer shop,around where i live,great place,been there for bout 15 years,and everytime i go there i find what im looking for... i live in Fresno,Cali(central valley,lots of food here:D)

the reason im going with a 8800GT is because i play games only about 20% of the time,so im not hard core,ive been used to playing on all low settings so this will be a big jump.

and my LIMIT is 950$ i can get this system for around 910.with the extended warenty.