My computer is constantly uploading 120 KB/s and I don't know which program...

oregon

How can I see which programs are sending what amount of data? Like the download and upload speed for each application?

It's really slowing down my internet browsing.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Post a hijackthis log so we can see whats running at bootup.

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Vista and Windows 7 users must right click on the hijackthis icon and click on run as. If the run as option doesn't appear then press and hold the shift key while right clicking on the icon to get it to appear.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

When the hijackthis log appears in a notepad file, click on the edit menu, click select all, then click on the edit menu again and click on copy. Come back to your reply and right click on your mouse and click on paste.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces

oregon

Post a hijackthis log so we can see whats running at bootup.

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Vista and Windows 7 users must right click on the hijackthis icon and click on run as. If the run as option doesn't appear then press and hold the shift key while right clicking on the icon to get it to appear.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

When the hijackthis log appears in a notepad file, click on the edit menu, click select all, then click on the edit menu again and click on copy. Come back to your reply and right click on your mouse and click on paste.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces

I'm not sure that will help a lot. I have lots of cloud storage services which run at startup (I think ~6-7) and sync folders when I make changes. Unless I'm mistaken, I've looked at each one and they say they're not uploading. And uTorrent is also usually not uploading.

Is there not a way to see in real time how your bandwidth is being used?

Okedokey

To be honest 120kb shouldnt be slowing down anything unless you have dial up.

John is enquiring about malware which could account for slow downs you experience.

oregon

To be honest 120kb shouldnt be slowing down anything unless you have dial up.

John is enquiring about malware which could account for slow downs you experience.

Yes, I know my internet is slow. It's temporary.

And is malware even a thing anymore...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
And is malware even a thing anymore...

You are joking right? Malware is worse than its ever been. Gets worse by the day. I just wanted you to post a log so we can see what programs may be either updating or calling home. If I see malware in the log then we'll run some programs.