My Computer is Finally Ready!!!

b182tm

It looks like you did a lot of research to tell me that. I appreciate it. Thanks a lot mgold and Greg J.

Derek

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
we dont live here. waiting more than 2hours wont kill ya

as long as the lite-on is equal in value to the Sony,
for the most part, absolutely. Sony doesnt know how to make drives -- even considering liteon makes Sony drives... :s

samsung and hitachi hard drives are recommended by praetor, a professional administrator of this forum because the drives last a long time (about 5 years or more) and run fairly quiet.
lol thanks for the vote of confidence? (psss where i did i reccomend a samsung? dont remember... i tend to reccomend the get-a-cheapest-drive approach)

while when it comes to cdrw/dvd/cd/cdrwdvd drives i would highly recommend lite-one but for dvdrw i have not heard that great of things about them.
well everything up to the 1633s from liteon was awesome but after that, they kinda stumbled around a bit... if yer confused about what to look for or suggestions, see the CD/DVD 101.

b182tm

Thanks for the lengthy reponse. Sorry I was pushy, I was trying to get the order in that day...So it turns out I got the Lite-On DVD Rom SOHD-16P9SBLK for $23.00. I also got the DVD+/-RW NEC ND-3520A. Also, what is your opinion on Samsung hdd's? I ordered a SATA 120GB SP1213C hdd.
Thanks again,
Derek