My computer is taking me to links i don't want to go to

italianbull

i'll go to any search engine and the computer will take me to a site i don't want to go when i enter where i want to go, it takes me to an advertising site, when that Vimax advertising advertiser is on like everything. What is my problem and how do i solve it

Hdk20

First off, download malware bytes update it, do a full scan post the logs here, if that doesn't fix it then download ComboFix

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you computer savvy? You can take the hard drive out of the system and slave it to another system and do a virus scan on it. Depending on how badly infected it is, the virus scan should find a few if not a lot of infections and one of them or more is stopping you from running a scan on the infected computer. After the scan you can put the drive back in the original system and then see if you can run malwarebytes and combofix, you should be able to. I've had to that a few times when i've had to work on badly infected machines.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You also should delete all temporary internet files and uninstall anything in add/remove programs that look suspicious.

italianbull

i have found a problem and it might be the only problem i have a program called WordSearch which i'm thinking is a keylogger. and my computer wont let me delete it what do I do