My Computer Keeps Crashing and slowed

sabedra211

My Computer all the sudden started to freeze and slow down Is has a AMD Anthlon processor of 248 MB Ram and it has a 11.3 and a 16.5 GB Hard drives and the Cpu is i think 1Ghz+ so why did it all the sudden start halting and slowing down what can i do to fix it?
Thanks

Bobo

banned
Do you have any anti-spyware progs? If so, run them. If not, get some. Is sounds like it is either dying, or has spyware/virus

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Definatly check for spyware and or a virus. Have you recently installed anything?

Yeti

VIP Member
i installed a program called kazaa
That'll do it. Kazaa itself is loaded with spyware and the things that can be downloaded often contain spyware and/or viruses. Try running Adaware or Spybot S&D.

Here...

Here, if you don't want to install Spyware/Viruses program, You can scan online for complete free. PandaSoftware Active Online So, I use them once a week to make sure my computer is clean and it is. My computer been clean for almost 2 months. It come with Viruses AND Spyware scanner. It's very useful, try it.

reciprokal

^as fas as i know... panda's online scan does detect spywares, but it doesn't remove them unless u pay for the pro verison or something..

kobaj

VIP Member
Like were you playing a game and you could jump in about 2 seconds then later when it slowed down it got to jumping it about5 seconds? so what program but I say spyware /adware/viruses. Or how old is this machine, could be dieing.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What? huh? what do you mean program?????
If you're not running a program than your computer cannot "all the sudden started to freeze and slow down" - not to a point thats perceieable by humans

sabedra211

Praetor said:
If you're not running a program than your computer cannot "all the sudden started to freeze and slow down" - not to a point thats perceieable by humans
Ok i would like run windows media player and like msn messenger then it would crash but i guess it stopped crashing