My computer keeps scrolling but not everything.

margocik

Hi,

So it happened Ancients knows when. I was minding my business, chilling in the game, everything was working as it supposed to. I need to admit that I had rage quit somehow at that time however, I never hit any computer equipment (my computer desk is better for that) :oops:
At some point my computer started to scroll random things however, it is not scrolling everything that can be potentially scrolled (eg. it is not scrolling anything within the game unless I want it - which makes me a bit happier, not gonna lie - or it is not scrolling any PDF documents or websites itself). I also noticed that mouse option "the number of lines to scroll at once" sometimes change itself to high number and I need to change it manually.

I checked the mouse itself as I am in possess of secondary mouse but it is not broken. I checked all drivers and, as boring person, I am not going to any doggy websites or I am not downloading anything so my computer cannot be infected.

It makes my life miserable because I have no idea how to fix it. I am attaching short video.
Please help :c

Last edited:

margocik

Have you tried changing the keyboard? Also make sure scroll lock isn't on.
Hi,

It is not helping however, I discovered that I have fatal PC error when unplugging keyboard XD
I am afraid that it may be motherboard related :c

Last edited:

margocik

Any other details about this fatal error? Does it have an error code with it?

Did you actually try a different keyboard? Your answer is a little vague.

I tried different keyboard and nothing has changed.
Regarding error - it was on my screen for only two seconds before computer restart itself so I there was no opportunity for me to see details.

margocik

@johnb35 a message long like a tapeworm is on the way.

Sooo.. I turned off my PC, unplugged keyboard and mouse again and I checked on my secondary equipment if the problem is coming from there, but unfortunately I had same issue with scrolling random things. I switched off PC because I am getting critical errors every time I am touching USB ports on the back of computer and I plugged on my equipment again. I got critical error once I turned PC on (I took the picture this time) Kernel_security_check_failure. The computer restarts itself but it stuck on "press F2 to go to BIOS" and I had to force switch off.

After I switched PC on I discovered that the scrolling problem is magically gone. But.. not really.

I have three hard drives: C:/, D:/ and F:/ (F:/ is external plugged on USB adapter as I didn't had any space inside to plug third hard drive, because of CABLES EVERYWHERE - not my fault I got the PC from my brother in law). So, after I turned PC on again it started desperately looking for the F:/ (the sound effect of plugging on and off) and I knew that I have a situation here. I quickly moved stuff from F:/ to D:/ because I have all my "intellectual value" there like artworks, stop motion animations etc. and I really don't want to lose it. It happened before, back in time, I didn't had opportunity to do backup and now (as a punishment for it) I am using this old, broken hard drive as my coffee mug pad :cool: Anyway, the hard drive F:/ was plugged in front USB socket (while I was moving my stuff - it was plugged on the back of PC before) and shortly after I finished moving all my stuff I got another error, this time Kmode_exception_not_handled.

The second error came sudden while I was doing nothing on PC. I unplugged drive F:/ and I don't have any errors since then. That indicates that my hard drive died again or there is a problem with adapter.

Thank you for your will to help. I decided to write everything because I am sick of the situation when I am looking for similar issue online and mostly I see that someone ended the topic with "the problem is fixed now" without explanation. I don't want to be this kind of asshole ;) Now I have to fix both errors to prevent it in future and check my hard drive.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Sounds like you've got a short somewhere but your description is kind of all over the place regarding your drives so I'm not exactly sure where the issue is.

margocik

Sounds like you've got a short somewhere but your description is kind of all over the place regarding your drives so I'm not exactly sure where the issue is.

Long story short:
The issue with scrolling stopped once my PC couldn't find hard drive F:/ and shortly after I did backup from F:/ to D:/ I got another critical error. After I unplugged F:/ completely from PC all issues stopped ;)