My computer running COD4?

vonfeldt7

I looked at the specs on COD4...and my computer didn't meet them (video card...) but somehow.....I'm playing the demo....perfectly...no lagging at all...wtf is going on lol.

99F

banned
the super actuator of the reverse megahole burner opened a gammatron ray in the video serial bank which let in more megagigapixels so now you have the performance of a x1600 instead of a x1300

pretty simple.

vonfeldt7

the super actuator of the reverse megahole burner opened a gammatron ray in the video serial bank which let in more megagigapixels so now you have the performance of a x1600 instead of a x1300

pretty simple.

yeah I knew I should have taken foods class in my highschool this year....they keep telling me I'll learn about megaholes burners and gammatron rays as soon as I take foods....

I tried taking a computerclass but all I learned about was baking cakes....so confusing is the world..

vonfeldt7

*UPDATE*

lol I turned up the settings...and...well..now my gfx card is starting to show its true colors....

Although it still wasnt anywhere near as bad as i thought it'd be, even with all of the settings higher..it ran around 15fps..

with everything at default settings...it ran at about 55fps

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
This game looks awesome and is hella optimised! My 7600gt can play it a tad short of maxed.. I was more than surprised, MoH: airborne didn't look as great as this and it played worse.

vonfeldt7

This game looks awesome and is hella optimised! My 7600gt can play it a tad short of maxed.. I was more than surprised, MoH: airborne didn't look as great as this and it played worse.

really? hmm...well all I know is that I'm having a blast playing it...and I can't wait until my 8600gts arrives

DirtyD86

banned
im running it extremely smooth on medium settings at 1024x768 using the system in my sig. pretty sure i could bump it up quite a bit and still maintain flowing FPS. as for the game itself, well im a true cynic and i love to be skeptical of new games with as much hype as CoD4 has built up, but the bastards wouldnt let me do it. the gameplay is intense without being over the top, the soundtrack is phenomenal, graphics are incredible and dont require nearly as much oomph as you might imagine. GET THIS DEMO.

its ME2

*UPDATE*

lol I turned up the settings...and...well..now my gfx card is starting to show its true colors....

Although it still wasnt anywhere near as bad as i thought it'd be, even with all of the settings higher..it ran around 15fps..

with everything at default settings...it ran at about 55fps

How do you check your framerates in this demo???

meanman

im running the demo with everything on full its brill
intel q6600
bfg 8800gtsoc2 640mb
4gb ballistic ram

20thCenturyBoy

The demo might not be exactly the kind of performance you might expect. The demo runs quite well for me, but I wouldn't be suprised if they beefed up the texture sizes and small things like that before the release. It's not uncommon for single demos to be optimized for peak performance but full games not as much so. But Call of Duty 2 was pretty well optimized so I might just be speculating. Personally, this game looks like more incentive to upgrade my graphics. It's going to be a hit no doubt.

=JVH=Trauma

pretty simple.

Watch out for the anal leakage on the glitzen valve though.. May blow out a monitor

lovely?

well this makes no sense then... i am running the game on my modded x800GTO (16 pixel pipes intstead of 12) and my oc'ed 3400 but i have to turn the resolution down to 480 just to get playable framerates (about 20fps maximum, usually around 12)

is there some bug with my system, cuz i can max out stalker on 1280/1024 with 16xAF and no AA

kobaj

VIP Member
The demo might not be exactly the kind of performance you might expect. The demo runs quite well for me, but I wouldn't be suprised if they beefed up the texture sizes and small things like that before the release. It's not uncommon for single demos to be optimized for peak performance but full games not as much so. But Call of Duty 2 was pretty well optimized so I might just be speculating. Personally, this game looks like more incentive to upgrade my graphics. It's going to be a hit no doubt.

My 7600gt ran the demo and game very well with almost high everything so I dont think they changed much from the demo to the release. As someone else stated, its hella optimized. Like the source engine, good old CSS, never lets me down :D.

Lovely? Could it perhaps be your low on ram? Need to do some spyware cleaning? I have come across games that run on every single card out there except the one I have, so perhaps cod4 doesnt like x800. Like how halo would run on my friends x220 but not my old mx4000.

Last edited: