My computer specs, Help me upgrade pls

Kirtus

this is my computer currently

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T processer

Kingston HyperX 2x 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ

Cooler Master CM 690 Advanced Black ATX Mid TowerCase

Black Sata DVD Writer

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA3 6.0GB/S 1TB 32MB Cache (OEM)

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Socket AM3+ AMD 990FX+SB950 chipset Dual-Channel DDR32000(O.C.)

Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX650M 80PLUS Bronze Certified 650W PSU

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to upgrade it, which is better // any reccomendations with reason would be helpful too thank you

Asus P8Z77-V LK Socket 1155 Intel Z77

Intel Core i7-3770S Ivy Bridge Socket 1155, 3.1Ghz (3.9GHz Turbo), 8MB L3 Cache, 22nm (Retail Boxed) Gen3

OR

I upgrade my cpu to another AMD one, since my motherboard can't use intel as far as I know.. like Vishera?

and I upgrade my gpu to a http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=052966

or

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=051482

I would be getting all my parts from canadacomputers.. besides the vishera if I had to go that route because they don't have them yet

Kirtus

I seriously have to play this game called smite in low settings to have a constant 60-80 fps and thats without streaming, when I used to stream on max settings I'd get 30-40, and since I got used to 60 I need it :( I'd like to at least be able to have 60 frames solid on max settings, would love for that to happen when streaming too.

Last edited:

Okedokey

Waste of money for that game, its low specs and beta stage means I would at least wait till final release and then update drivers. Secondly if you're monitor has a refresh rate of 60Hz there is absolutely no benefit going over 60FPS. Thirdly as this is not a FPS game, there is no real benefit of aiming for anything over 40FPS, so really, you're wasting your money.

Kirtus

this was never a issue of me wasting my money i'm fine with it I got used to 60 fps and hate lower and would like to stream and play the game at max settings at 60 fps

Okedokey

I struggle to see how you will see the difference between 40 and 60 FPS mate. In a blind test (particularly in non-FPS games), it will not be noticable.

But, if you truly do want to waste your money, yeah get a better GPU.

swchoi89

I struggle to see how you will see the difference between 40 and 60 FPS mate. In a blind test (particularly in non-FPS games), it will not be noticable.

But, if you truly do want to waste your money, yeah get a better GPU.

False. I've been complaining about the difference between 30~40 FPS to 55~60FPS in playing games like Aion and it REALLY does bother me.

Trust me, I'm not blind. Not to disrespect your comment but there are some people like us who actually care and are seriously bothered by the difference in FPS.

spirit

Staff member
If you're really that fussed just go for a better GPU. 7950 or 7970 or 670 or 680 or something like that should be able to cut it maybe.

jonnyp11

i max smite no problem with a frame cap at 60 at 1280x960 on my 470 which is a decent drop in performance from yours, might have to do with AMD vs Nvidia for that game i guess

Kirtus

i max smite no problem with a frame cap at 60 at 1280x960 on my 470 which is a decent drop in performance from yours, might have to do with AMD vs Nvidia for that game i guess

I use 1680 x 1050 TBH I'd rather not have to get a whole new motherboard..but if it's for the best I will.

if you think me getting a better amd cpu & a better gpu would solve this let me know

Okedokey

I use 1680 x 1050 TBH I'd rather not have to get a whole new motherboard..but if it's for the best I will.

if you think me getting a better amd cpu & a better gpu would solve this let me know

Lower resolutions utilise more CPU grunt. Interested in what the CPU usage % is during gaming. If its not over 70% then I would stress the importance of GPU.

In terms of your FPS issue, you sure its not tearing you're seeing?

Kirtus

Lower resolutions utilise more CPU grunt. Interested in what the CPU usage % is during gaming. If its not over 70% then I would stress the importance of GPU.

In terms of your FPS issue, you sure its not tearing you're seeing?

sorry I can't check right now but I'm pretty sure my cpu doesnt go over 70% and I guess it's not tearing simply because I can view my fps in game I constantly leave the fps overlay on as it tells me my ping too

I really want to just do something about my computer sadly, me just getting a new motherboard and a i7 3770k is like.. 500$, and I wouldnt be able to get a better gpu which is the only reason I'm thinking I shouldn't but then I'd have to still have faith in amd as to get some better cpus for gaming.

i'm unsure what to do if you can recommend me somethings on newegg.ca // tigerdirect.ca // canadacomputers.com preferably it would help alot thanks

just checked and my game runs at 20-30% cpu on a smaller map with 100-150 fps

Last edited:

Yamato Sama

Get new core mother board and a 3d accelerator card and ddr3 1600 ram

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-FX8150-8Core-Processor-Review-Bulldozer-Has-Landed/ http://au.msi.com/product/mb/890FXA-GD70.html Get these mother board and this core plus get a 3d accelerator card (can be any shit one but must have one) also get ddr3 1600 ram... you heart disc you are using now will do.. If you do not have enought gb for ram then make virtual memory Also buyng intell i7 would be a rip off while the 8 core unlocked is around $300 you can even get one for http://www.shopbot.ca/pp-amd-fx-8120-amd-price-342691.html like $200

Last edited: