My computer works slowly after a recent WINDOWS 10 update.

John The Same

Hello there!

Actually, I don't have such a powerful computer. I have been getting new updates to my Windows 10 the past week approximately. It caused a slowdown to my computer. Also, it works strangely. If I move a cursor against my desktop background, it moves slowly like it freezes a cursor a bit. But if I open some folder and I move a cursor against folder background it moves normally. Anyway, it makes some programs work slowly from time to time. It's really annoying and it's uncomfortable for working. For example, the Illustrator works slowly, but YouTube plays videos well, Media Player Classic plays videos strangely, but a standard Windows Media Player plays videos well and so forth. It's awful. When it was updated before these recent updates, it didn't work so stupidly. Only when my Windows 10 was updated during this December it causes such problems to me. I have been cleaning up a Windows cache and temporary files today with technical guides from internet articles, but it didn't help me. I also have been trying to delete recent updates from my computer, but I don't know what exact updates I should delete. I'm afraid of I may delete something important, hence crushing my system. Moreover, I noticed something like it has been trying to update my Windows 10 to Windows 11 (I attached a screenshot to this post)! Additionally, when I switch on my computer and it shows me a ready desktop, after I turn on my PC, something causes PowerShell to appear on my desktop for a minute. There is nothing on a PowerShell screen. It's empty. But it's active at the beginning of an every session after those recent updates. How to delete recent updates? What should I do to get back my system to normal performance? I just need my computer to work normally again.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Problems.jpg
    Problems.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 7

John The Same

Okay, I see no one has given me his answer yet. So, I found a solution to my problems with Windows 10 myself though. What helped me to fix a slowdown after recent updates and remove PowerShell from startup?

First of all, I ran the Command prompt as an administrator for this purpose. Next, I used three commands:

1. sfc /scannow
2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth.

First command fixed crushed files and removed corruption files successfully. The second and third commands didn't find anything that would work incorrectly, but it didn't help me with my problem.
What really helped me is that 'Perform a Clean Boot'. Some program in StartUp folder (Task Manager/StartUp) caused that slowdown and it was making my cursor work stupidly.

If you experience the same or similar problems as I had have it, so you can find solutions here click me

I fixed my problems with those guides.

PowerShell. I also found a way to shut down that annoying activity of PowerShell on my PC. I downloaded ZIP with 'Autoruns for Windows' from this website next I found PowerShell in the list and exclude it from the list of that exe file. I used this instruction 'Run Autoruns to Disable Windows PowerShell Popup on Startup' from this website click me

Now, it seems to me that my PC is okay. At least, I don't have those annoying troubles presently. At the end, I switched off Windows 10 updates. To hell it...

You can find how to block Windows 10 updates here click me

Have a nice day!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just so you know only giving us 4 hours to help isn't really enough time considering our forum isn't as busy as it once used to be. There is only a handful of us that actually reply on a good day.

And according to that screenshot, your system doesn't meet the requirements to install windows 11, so it would never update to it.

I'm glad you figured out what the problem was.

John The Same

Just so you know only giving us 4 hours to help isn't really enough time considering our forum isn't as busy as it once used to be. There is only a handful of us that actually reply on a good day.

And according to that screenshot, your system doesn't meet the requirements to install windows 11, so it would never update to it.

It's okay. I just found out more quickly than somebody else. Just that trouble was so annoying I posted this thread when I have been continuing to find some good guide.

Well...those methods removed my troubles with the cursor, but I discovered It didn't solve my other problems. I have done those steps, as I have been describing above. Next, I just opened a Word document and tried to select a piece of text there. It still worked badly. The motions of my mouse and the motions of my cursor were unsynchronized. Actually, the cursor moved after a bit of a second after I moved the mouse. There was still a little ping between them. Moreover, everything was slow again! After it I have just been taking a stupid step tonight. I have been running 'Windows System Restore' (there is a guide how to perform 'Windows System Restore') and it just restored all those updates that caused that slowdown to me...I just dropped a ball and performed 'Factory Reset' (there is a guide how to make 'Factory Reset') with the total erasing of all files at all. Now! It works absolutely well! Also, I have been blocking Windows 10 updates again (there is an instruction how to disable Windows 10 updates). To the hell it twice...

beers

Staff member
If you reverted to 'factory' settings then it was likely another app causing the issue.

John The Same

If you reverted to 'factory' settings then it was likely another app causing the issue.
If so, it means there were two reasons at least that made my system so slow, but it doesn't matter anymore. Don't forget my computer isn't powerful. Maybe it's even old-fashioned in relation to the modern software, games, graphic programs, updates, etc. Because of that, 'Factory Reset' is the best decision for my PC.