My computer

flame1117

banned
I might be hard to find "front audio mic" becuase you would have to make it so the cound card comes out there. this is what I would do.

I would buy speakers that plug into the back (sound and mic) and then the speaker is in the front, and it also have mic and usally headset jacks rigth on the speacker.

I have a IB M speaker i got for free. that has 2 cords (one audio and one mic) then on the speaker it has volume control, 1 headphone jack, then another headphone jack, and 1 mic jack.

And the headphone jacks you can just plus is another speaker or whatever you want but it turns off the sound on the original one.

And just a headsup i dont think that ram will actully run "dual channel" but it will run fast and great for CS:S still. you would go INTEL for dual channel, but i would stay AMD anyways because I like AMD for gaming.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
flame1117 said:
I might be hard to find "front audio mic" becuase you would have to make it so the cound card comes out there
my case has front audio and mic ports, well side, but you get the point. they plug into the motherboard as intergrated sound.

and you should perhaps look at socket 939 as it will be more upgradable in future. you will probably need a new psu. drop the cpu down to a 3000 or 3200 and overclock to 3400 speeds, saves alot of money, then invest in a better graphics card.

but the ram, hard drive, dvd writer and case are sweet.

EDIT: oh, and by the looks of things the case does have audio and mic ports

Last edited:

CrazyIndian

uhmm.. btw, i am a total computer noob, i dont know how to OC or anything.

ALSO, why do i need a new psu? this one in the case is 420 watts, isint it enough?

flame1117 said:
I might be hard to find "front audio mic" becuase you would have to make it so the cound card comes out there. this is what I would do.

I would buy speakers that plug into the back (sound and mic) and then the speaker is in the front, and it also have mic and usally headset jacks rigth on the speacker.

I have a IB M speaker i got for free. that has 2 cords (one audio and one mic) then on the speaker it has volume control, 1 headphone jack, then another headphone jack, and 1 mic jack.

And the headphone jacks you can just plus is another speaker or whatever you want but it turns off the sound on the original one.

And just a headsup i dont think that ram will actully run "dual channel" but it will run fast and great for CS:S still. you would go INTEL for dual channel, but i would stay AMD anyways because I like AMD for gaming.

Wrong M8

You Can Buy Cases With Front Audio and Mic Jacks And USB Slots ....so dont tell lies ...

CrazyIndian

mgoldb2 said:
I would choose a different motherboard then the Aopen when you chose above. If you sticking with skt 754 and around the same price I would get one like the following

GIGABYTE GA-K8NS Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 $66

Also if under $80 all you can spend on a video card then I would get a 9600 pro instead of the one you chose like the following

SAPPHIRE 100561L Radeon 9600PRO 128MB 128-bit DDR $77

k, i switched my vidcard for this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150068

switched motherboard for this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102409

if anyone has enough time to make a whole system that can run cs:s good for 750 tops, then please do it

criteria = atleast a 120 gb harddrive and front audio and mic jacks + 1 usb

altec lansing AHS502 are my headphones

Last edited:

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
evilxp2800 said:
Ive got a Fx 5200 and its a Good card ......Now now come on ...
it doesnt stop it being a helluva lot better. its shit loads better than alot of acards, including mine. and i can run most games fine

Geoff

VIP Member
i have a stock power supply in my computer, it runs great and no problems. So if your looking for a cheap, nice computer, no need to upgrade PSU.

Geoff

VIP Member
I had the FX5500, excellent card, played cs:s great at medium settings, if you want a nice computer for under $700, dont get the 6800, it will make ur price go way over $700.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
uhmm.. btw, i am a total computer noob, i dont know how to oc or anything.
dont stress it... a lot of people that know (or think they do) know how to oc really dont know jack either.

also, why do i need a new PSU? this one in the case is 420 watts, isint it enough?
have a read at the PSU 101.

You Can Buy Cases With Front Audio and Mic Jacks And USB Slots ....so dont tell lies ...
Ease off on the hostilities

Ive got a Fx 5200 and its a Good card ......Now now come on ...
The 5200 cant hold a compare to a 6800

Wateva But i have the OC Version
ocing a non-gaming card doesnt change a whole lot ... a crappy 2 pipe card and a overclocked crappy 2 pipe card are still 2 pipe cards. No match for a 16pipe, 12pipe or 8 pipe card.