My decision ok?

AdmnPower

VIP Member
seems really high priced but i think thats because of the blue ray player. Overall it doesn't look bad, my father has a sony vaio that's held up really well over the years.

Backlash

lol have sex with it...no really. lol anyway, i don't know, i realize it's overkill for what i want but it will be replacing my desktop for pretty much everything and i want something that will last a while. and now when BluRay takes over the DVD format i won't have to drop dough on a dedicated player.

and now when BluRay takes over the DVD format i won't have to drop dough on a dedicated player.

In my opinion, neither Blu-Ray nor HD-DVD are becoming mainstream anytime soon...maybe in like, 10 years. The players are still around $600, and the blank blu-ray disks are still about $15. And by the time Blu-ray does become mainstream, the blu-ray players will be substantially cheaper, just like DVD players were originally $500, and now you can get a DVD/CD burner for $30.

On top of that, you also don't know which format will succeed in the long run: Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. What are you going to do if you spend three grand on that laptop, and HD-DVD prevails?

CharmPeddler

^ well if he chose the one that doesn't win, then he can just get a new drive when they drop in price, cause im guessing that the time it takes to choose a winner will be about the same time (or later) than when the price of the media/drive will become more reasonably priced...

so either way he will have some good Sh$t right now, and it will still be good later. maybe not the "norm" but still good.

macnoob

price

^ well if he chose the one that doesn't win, then he can just get a new drive when they drop in price, cause im guessing that the time it takes to choose a winner will be about the same time (or later) than when the price of the media/drive will become more reasonably priced...

so either way he will have some good Sh$t right now, and it will still be good later. maybe not the "norm" but still good.

um no offense but im glad there arent too many with that opinion(though i agree) becuse i nobody bought it, they wouldnt do that as easily. if everyone sat and waited, thyd either drop the idea or drop the price on 1 signifigantly(i think). but i dont know for sure. i hope hd dvd gets it because its cheaper and the difference in quality is fairly small, i have played blu ray disks on my friends ps3 and hd on my 360 and i like the hd best hope this is helpfull