My Firefox

ErikAlbert

I never choose a browser, because it is safe, but because I like its structure, its layout, its possibilities, etc.
I use Firefox, because I didn't like Internet Explorer and the other browsers.

Firefox is an internet browser, not a security software, so it doesn't need to be safe just like any other application software.

Firefox needs to be protected like any other software and this is my way :

1. I don't allow any change in any Firefox-object (registry, folders, files, ...), that was installed on my harddisk. That's why my Firefox is always working properly without problems.

2. Firefox is used to surf on the internet, which is a very dangerous area, full of traps, dirty tricks and full of bad objects, called virus, spyware, trojans and many others = malware.
Malware sometimes succeeds to install itself on my harddisk due to my actions on the internet and that was unacceptable.

a. First I installed Sandboxie, which allows me to put Firefox in a sandbox.
This sandbox gathers all the bad and good objects caused by Firefox as a potential danger. As long these objects remain in the sandbox, they can't hurt my system and that was good enough for me.
In addition, Sandboxie also makes my second harddisk, where all my precious data is stored, inaccessible, while I'm surfing on the internet. Nothing or nobody, including myself, can touch my data, while I'm on the internet.

b. Secondly, I don't allow any change on my complete harddisk. All bad objects caused by using Firefox are gone during reboot. So I kill them twice, just to be sure.

During the years, I became a real malware serial killer without pity. A good malware is a dead malware. :)

Last edited:

tremmor

comment was interesting. On the otherhand if ya need to be that secure you might want to turn off script controls and not accept any cookies. then again you wont want to do that. You will find out why if ya do. Safe sites is good. And still say and said before, surf at google and you can find heaps of trouble.

Yes.......thats what i do. search info. all the time. Good virus what ever your using. this is where ya get into trouble.

ErikAlbert

comment was interesting. On the otherhand if ya need to be that secure you might want to turn off script controls and not accept any cookies. then again you wont want to do that. You will find out why if ya do. Safe sites is good. And still say and said before, surf at google and you can find heaps of trouble.

Yes.......thats what i do. search info. all the time. Good virus what ever your using. this is where ya get into trouble.
LOL. Our reasoning is totally different. For instance : "Good virus what ever your using".
I ditched all my scanners 5 years ago.
I remove two kinds of malware : discovered and undiscovered malware as a change in 2 minuts.

Any scanner
- removes only malware that is on the scanner's blacklist
- does not remove malware, that is not on the scanner's blacklist.
- does not remove malware, that is still undiscovered
and needs alot of time to do this, alot more than 2 minuts.

It doesn't matter as long we are both happy :)

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

Gee, Erik, you are still promoting your Golden Reboot and other stuff and how it protects you. And on top of it all you are talking to us like we're all total noobs. Most of us aren't. Could you stop making so many threads an posts related to this one subject?

lubo4444

You are starting to "advertise" your golden reboot here and you are going against the rules of the forum this way.