My First Computer.

David12325

i didn't want to pick it really, but it should work fine for as high settings as that gpu can pull, and it was like 30 less than the 965 so for the budget i though it would work, and the patch they pulled actually did improve gaming from what i saw (then again it was using the 8-core like the i7 only putting one thread to each module which you can easily do in the task manager)

When it came to pricing, it came in under budget. What is this 965 you speak of? :)

David12325

Would "Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz Gaming +Performance HyperX Memory Kit (2x4GB) CL9 Non-ECC Dimm (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX)" be an acceptable substitute for "Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 XMP 2x4GB (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) "

Richard89

Would "Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz Gaming +Performance HyperX Memory Kit (2x4GB) CL9 Non-ECC Dimm (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX)" be an acceptable substitute for "Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 XMP 2x4GB (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) "

It has the same clock speed and socket size, so it should work.

Richard89

If the socket size is the same and the clock speed is the same, it will work, assuming the motherboard you selected will support that clock speed and socket size.

jonnyp11

yes it will work perfectly fine, that mobo supports 1866 i know and it might support higher than that.

and the 965 is the amd phenom II x4 965

David12325

Would you recommend spending that extra 30 dollars to get the 965?
(Im assuming that everything will still be compatible)

jonnyp11

At thispoint yes, there is supposed to be a patch out early next year but I don't think the gain if there is any will be worth the wait.

OswaldLuis

I have no experience in building computers. I would not even know where to start and my knowledge on parts/components is very limited. Im just looking for something 'okay' to start with and to play my games in better quality than now and slowly upgrade as i get the money.

The compute im using now is YEARS old.

intel (R) Pentium (R) D CPU 2.66GHZ, 2.66GHZ on 2gb of ram with ATI Radeon HD 4600 series (1gb) graphics card, which i do not even see the point in seeing as the computer can hardly use its power. 150gb hard drive....
I have a member of my family that build a gaming pc for 500$ and he can play alot of games in ultra graphic,you can also get one economic,and i have a computer that its worse than yours and i can play wow without low fps

Seems they did. We might have to make an updated one.

Building is easy. Just read the manuals for your parts, and try not to break anything and you will be fine. I think neweggtv on youtube has a build video.

What games are you going to be playing? We can put together a build list to fit the games within your budget.
I agree with you,there are alot of tutorials that show this online,the reason why google exists its to find them :D

jonnyp11

I have a member of my family that build a gaming pc for 500$ and he can play alot of games in ultra graphic,you can also get one economic,and i have a computer that its worse than yours and i can play wow without low fps

yes, if i had a geforce 210 i could max any i game i wanted probably, at 800x600 that is. most people want a higher resolution.

David12325

If anyone is even still following this thread, the people i ordered my computer parts off still havent sent me my parts. Which i ordered on the 19th of december might i add. ****ing useless.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Who did you end up ordering from? Have you signed in and checked on the order, if its been sent yet or a tracking number?

David12325

Ive called and sorted out the problem and everything should arrive by next thursday!
They told me they had sent it, but did no because they had none of the motherboard i ordered and thats where the confusion started because they thought they had sent it aswell.

David12325

I'm fairly sure now that ive just be 'scammed' out of my money for 8/10 of my computer parts. Unable to contact owner and still no tracking number on any of the packages.
Fingers crossed, but things arent looking good at all.