My friend wants me to build him a PC

_Kyle_

So if you guys remember I recently ordered some PC parts for my own build. Just finished it this weekend and it works great! My friend saw it and decided he wanted me to build him one. His budget is a max of $750 and I was wondering how this looks.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RzTjd6

Also keep in mind I will be installing a free OS such as Linux on it. Any clean distro recommendations are appreciated. Keep in mind this will be used for productivity. He wants to a put a GPU in it in the future.

Last edited:

Cisco001

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($196.44 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($87.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: MyDigitalSSD - BPX 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($35.89 @ Newegg)
Total: $748.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-25 11:31 EDT-0400

CPU - personally would go for ryzen5 1600, not a must.

RAM 2 x 4gb fast ram

SSD - depends on how much he want to spend, even go for budget one, I doubt if it is noticeable.

PSU - seasonic is far better than that evga.

Deerling7,

This is a solid build. You are getting a tremendous amount of bang for the buck.

Now the only thing you need is better audio. Actually, you don't really NEED better audio, it would just be nice to have.

I know, I know...

My system also needs better audio, but when you have budget issues, audio upgrades are usually the first thing to go.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Deerling7,

This is a solid build. You are getting a tremendous amount of bang for the buck.

Now the only thing you need is better audio. Actually, you don't really NEED better audio, it would just be nice to have.

I know, I know...

My system also needs better audio, but when you have budget issues, audio upgrades are usually the first thing to go.
There is nothing wrong with onboard audio, its the speakers that determine sound quality anyway.

There is nothing wrong with onboard audio, its the speakers that determine sound quality anyway.
Yeah, I know... that's why most of us don't bother upgrading the audio because it's a luxury and not necessary.

Although I also use onboard audio, I have a rockin' sound system with nice full spectrum monitors that fill the room with a great big sound. Explosions in stereo with lots of bass really make any game take on a whole new dimension.

...and you don't really need an audio upgrade for your system to do this. All you need is a good, clear signal coming out of your computer, and the onboard audio does this just fine.