My Ipod Screen.

g4m3rof1337

I dropped my ipod on my desk, while standing.

It now has like couple lines on the top left, with a semi thin green line going from top to bottom.

What should I do?

I doubt I have a warrenty. I bought it ... couple days before Dec. 25th 06

So...

Thanks

Ben

VIP Member
I dropped my ipod on my desk, while standing.

It now has like couple lines on the top left, with a semi thin green line going from top to bottom.

What should I do?

I doubt I have a warrenty. I bought it ... couple days before Dec. 25th 06

So...

Thanks

I thought iPods had 1 year warrentys......and you haven't had it for a year yet. You should try and send it in to apple.

Dropkickmurphys

yeah, if you go on the website and describe what happened, they should then send you a box etc.. to send it in. they will then send you a new iPod. so beware, your iPod may not have anything on it when you get it back.

g4m3rof1337

Ill save everything, then format it, add a few songs so itll work.

I live by an apple store, ill walk over there today.

Thanks

apj101

VIP Member
dont tell them you dropped it!!!!!!!!

the apples warrenty is awesome they will fix for you if you tell them its a defect

apj101

VIP Member
Lol.
Wont they ask why I kept it for ... 2 1/2 months, without telling them?

no just tell them that is was working fine, then you turned it on the other day and it was broken. You have 1 year warranty if it breaks in a year they will fix it... (and they break often).

g4m3rof1337

Pictureset10049.jpg

Pictureset10045.jpg

apj101

VIP Member
yup that is clearly a manufacturing error,
http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/
punch in your serial number at the bottom and they will UPS you some packaging for you to UPS your broken IPOD back to them so they can UPS it back to you when fixed....DO not send your headphones or charger. just the ipod

g4m3rof1337

i am talking to them on the phone since theres an apple store by me, and i feel not bad, but like evil, cause shes like, has it been dropped? I am like....nope :D

lol

There sending me a box....Lol....

Last edited:

apj101

VIP Member
well look at it this way, apple should make there product more rigid, not to break every time they have a little bump.... ive dropped my phone hundreds of times it still works fine. ipods break if you drop them 6 inch. Screw apple, maybe they'll learn not to sell stuff so fragile

g4m3rof1337

I think they made the ipods delicate and made the internal stuff to mess up, cause when you call tech support, its $30 for them to talk to you.

apj101

VIP Member
The one they send you looks brand-new, but I think I remember reading somewhere on the contract that says its a refurbished.
they will either refurbish yours or send a new one, they don't send out refurbished ones from elsewhere, its not allowed :)

g4m3rof1337

I took it to the apple store, told him my story with 'turning it on and appearing like that'. he quickly noticed the dent at the top lol.

I need a new screen. And a DIY kit.