My Lappy needs a Doctor

cutesafety

Hi, I have a StallitePro. Recently, I found out that the system takes so long to go off. I have tried scanning using Spypot and Malwarebytes but there is no improvement. More to this,I keep hearing a pop up sound from the system. Is there any thing I can do to solve these issues?

Femi

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can try looking in the event viewer to see if there are any errors letting you know why the slowdown in shutting down. Another thing you can do is do the following and we can see if you are having any malware issues that need to be addressed.

Please post the malwarebytes log so we can make sure you are using the latest database and then also post a hijackthis log.

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

xJamie

Hi, I have a StallitePro. Recently, I found out that the system takes so long to go off. I have tried scanning using Spypot and Malwarebytes but there is no improvement. More to this,I keep hearing a pop up sound from the system. Is there any thing I can do to solve these issues?

Femi

Generally pop-up noises could be related to Adware, Malware, or some cases cookies that have been exploited. I would take Johns advice and run the Trend Micro HijackThis and send us a scan log so we can look into this for you.

Last edited: