My Laptop Gets VERY HOT at Times, Help Please?

dannaswolcott

Hey all. My gateway laptop likes to get very hot at times. It only gets hot when i use it for more then 3 hours or when i have the cpu maxd out for an while. Is there anything i can do to cool it down? It dont get hot fast it has to be on for an while for it to get warm. :D

easyshare123

Make sure the fans arnt covernt on the bottom, That could be fatal, You can get a laptop cooler for it to sit on, see ebay.com or ebay.co.uk

Dan

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
could be the fan clogged with dust. however most notebooks will get very hot when running maxed out for that amount of time. i would invest in a notebook cooler if you intend to use it like that regularly.

NCIS330

Do any of the cooling mats attach to the computer with clamps or anything? I have wireless and I use it alot and it would just be a pain to have to make sure the mat is on the computer while going around.

My laptop has been on for a year and a half or so minus restarting every once and a while and transporting it. But for the most part its constantly on and i havent had any problems with anything melting down, although it does get pretty hot. My advice would be to yes, get a notebook cooler or check to see that any dust isnt in there. I just cleaned my fan out from it running on furniture and my lap and such it collected pet hair and dust and all that. Just blow into the vents a couple times and if you see anything move pick it out with tweezera, although i tore my whole notebook down to the motherboard and cleaned it all out. I usually do that about every 6 months when i also debug and reformat my computer.

macnoob

My laptop has been on for a year and a half or so minus restarting every once and a while and transporting it. But for the most part its constantly on and i havent had any problems with anything melting down, although it does get pretty hot. My advice would be to yes, get a notebook cooler or check to see that any dust isnt in there. I just cleaned my fan out from it running on furniture and my lap and such it collected pet hair and dust and all that. Just blow into the vents a couple times and if you see anything move pick it out with tweezera, although i tore my whole notebook down to the motherboard and cleaned it all out. I usually do that about every 6 months when i also debug and reformat my computer.

those coolers, are they the liquid things? and a year and a half im surprised nothing has broken, what kindof laptop do you have?