My liquid Cooler

ducis

OUCH!
terrible cooling setup...no offense
its incompatable with LGA 775 so it wont fit unless you mod or change the block
id ditch it, if you are okay with that give me a budget and ill hook you up with a nice setup

taylormsj

Its a bad set up. You wont get any exceptional kits unless it is from an online shop that offers a 'kit offer' comprised of separate components.

Good things to look for are

D-tek fusion, Apogge GTX or the EK supreme water blocks
Swiftech or thermo chill radiators
DDC or D5 pumps
Swiftech microres is popular too :D

If your looking at somthing cheap and easy than the only kit i would suggest is the swiftech compact kit

Aloush

If i was building a computer and i wanted a liquid cooler which part of the computer wouldnt i need a Fan?

Geoff

VIP Member
If i was building a computer and i wanted a liquid cooler which part of the computer wouldnt i need a Fan?
Well it depends, a liquid cooling setup can cool the CPU, Video Card(s), Chipset, RAM, Hard Drive, and more. Or it can be very basic and only cool the processor.

You should still have case fans to circulate air around other hot components in the case though.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well 0MEGA maybe you can hit me up on msn at [email protected]

And find me like 3-4 different liquid coolers and ill have a look

I'd prefer to talk here, since I don't use MSN/AIM much at all, and this way others can see what the solution is.

Now are you looking for just the CPU cooler itself, or for a complete liquid cooling kit? And if you are looking for a kit, are you looking for a basic one which cools just 1-2 devices, or a more complex one?

Aloush

Well give me an example of a CPU one and an example of a full kit simple and complex please

ducis

dont buy a kit...go DIY :D
it will save you money and its just like assembling a kit...
budget pl0x?

Geoff

VIP Member
Well give me an example of a CPU one and an example of a full kit simple and complex please
There are so many to choose from. I would recommend checking out www.frozencpu.com, they have a large variety of kits and parts for a custom build.

dont buy a kit...go DIY :D
it will save you money and its just like assembling a kit...
budget pl0x?
You can buy better parts by buying everything individually, as well as customizing everything. However I've found that there are kits out there in the $100 range, however if you buy the parts yourself you're looking at least $200 for all the necessary parts.

Bradan

stay away from that, its not even close to top end air.

id go with the swiftech compact h20-120, and add a 240 rad maybe.

taylormsj

stay away from that, its not even close to top end air.

id go with the swiftech compact h20-120, and add a 240 rad maybe.

For a cpu only loop, the supplied rad will do an alrite job, that kit performs on par with the tuniq tower, so its not much better than air, but if you want to liquid cheaply then that is the only thing i would suggest.

Adding a 240 rad would put more stress on the pump and would also mean you wouldnt have a resvoir because the suplied one has a built in res.

You can get a siwftech 240 rad with resevoir built in too, but that will be at least another $50.

The_Beast

$200 for a DIY is about right, but it's alot better than anyother kit

$50 D-tek fusion
$50 swiftech rad (3 fan)
$100 Laing D5

Bradan

For a cpu only loop, the supplied rad will do an alrite job, that kit performs on par with the tuniq tower, so its not much better than air, but if you want to liquid cheaply then that is the only thing i would suggest.

Adding a 240 rad would put more stress on the pump and would also mean you wouldnt have a resvoir because the suplied one has a built in res.

You can get a siwftech 240 rad with resevoir built in too, but that will be at least another $50.

thats not true

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3097&p=8

h20-120 is around = to a tuniq. that water cooler is crap vs high end air.

and i can get a h20-120 ciompact kit for 112$ in canada, just add 30$ for a dual swiftech rad, and you have a triple rad loop