my mobo

nek619

i bought my pc off of a friend of mine a while back its a custom pc and im trying to find out what mobo i have is there any way to find out i cant get a hold of my friend as he has left for iraq and wont be back for awhile im going to be building a new pc for me (my first build) next month right now im just trying to pick the right parts but im going to leave this computer to my little cousin but i wanna upgrade it first so he can plays games such as BF2 im trying to find out this info so i can know what type of memory to put in so it can run right please if theres any way without have the box for the mobo or being able to get a hold of the person let me know thanx

chey

Hi.

First: Read all text on the mobo. The name of the manufacturer and/or the type of the mobo should be printed on the mobo.

Second: when starting the system you can see a lot of characters at the bottom of the screen. Press the key PAUSE, so you can stop the system. Write these characters to a paper and visit Google or Altavista (or both and others) and get them these characters. There may happen that there won't be any results. If this happens:

Third: visit http://www.wimsbios.com/numbers.shtml there you can find whitch type of mobo you have (maybe...).