My mom's PC

alexyu

New Member
Hey, I've got some old parts and my mother wants a PC, so I thought about using them.
So here's the parts I have:

  • PSU: Raidmax 500w 2x8cm FAN
  • Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (socket AM2)
  • Video card: Sapphire Radeon X1550 256mb
  • A Lightscribe dvdrw from my old comp
As you can see, I need

  • A case
  • A motherboard
  • Some RAM
  • A HDD
  • a 17'' Monitor
Please recommend me some, but keep them cheap and compatible.
 
Just chosen some cheap but quality hardware...

COOLER MASTER Elite 330
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119115

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-S3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128327
I assume your video card is PCI-E x16. If not, just choose GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P800R22GK - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227139

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148262

Acer X193W+BD Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 (ACM) - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009127
 
Last edited:
A budget for the parts you need???
As low as the lowest. :D
Just chosen some cheap but quality hardware...

COOLER MASTER Elite 330
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119115

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-S3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128327
I assume your video card is PCI-E x16. If not, just choose GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P800R22GK - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227139

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148262

Acer X193W+BD Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 (ACM) - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009127
Thanks, I'll check it out.
EDIT: You may consider me mad, but I want it even cheaper, and the monitor should be an old 17'' 1280*1024 lcd.
 
Last edited:
Just chosen some cheap but quality hardware...

COOLER MASTER Elite 330
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119115

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-S3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128327
I assume your video card is PCI-E x16. If not, just choose GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P800R22GK - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227139

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148262

Acer X193W+BD Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 (ACM) - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009127

+ 1 - I agree.

As low as the lowest. :D

Thanks, I'll check it out.

OK, i think daisymtc saved me the pain :P
 
As low as the lowest. :D

Thanks, I'll check it out.
EDIT: You may consider me mad, but I want it even cheaper, and the monitor should be an old 17'' 1280*1024 lcd.

So, you prepare to buy a used LCD?
Actually, I though you want a new LCD at the very being. And looking at the price, a new 17" is $140, while Widescreen 19" is $160. That is the main reason I suggest a 19". But it all up to you.
 
So, you prepare to buy a used LCD?
Actually, I though you want a new LCD at the very being. And looking at the price, a new 17" is $140, while Widescreen 19" is $160. That is the main reason I suggest a 19". But it all up to you.
What? They ont sell 17''s any more?
Maybe on newegg.
Never mind, I'll do it myself. :)
 
Back
Top