My Mother board does not work

filthyt4co

Ok i have a GEFORCE winfast motherboard from foxconn. It is from the 6150k8ma-8ekrs series. This is the first motherboard i am instaling. Right nwo i have ordered adaptors to allow me to plug in my power led but i have to wait 1-2 weeks for those to come in. Is there anything i can do in the mean time that may help me out.

i have signal comign from my onboard video when i apply power, but nothing from my video card (radeon 9250 256mb pci ATI), and all the lights turn on except for my front lcd display and my power on led. my fan controle and fans all work, i get 1 beep when it starts up. nothing shows up on the screen. I have a hard drive with stuff on it already but it has windows xp and a bunch of other stuff. my motherboard never came wtih a book just liek a picture of the motherboard and how to instal the processor. It tells me to put in the cd and it tries to run like i get activity and the cd spinns and the cd drive tries to load it but nothing happens, where it tells me i shoudl get a menue screen.

I have come down to 3 or so alternatives.

1 i ordered the adaptors too plug in the power led, ( now wait)

2 i clear the cmos, but i dotn know how exactly to do that, im not sure if my jumper that i have located is the correct 1 or which pins are the pins i want. there are 3 pins and i kno that pins 2-3 are the reset 1's, but i dotn kno if the 1 on the bottom is 1 or 3.

3 i was told i may have a grounding problem but until i try the other things i dotn want to take everything back out.

4 would it help if i format my harddrive before i try to instal my mother board drivers again?

ShowImage.asp

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I had more to post, but I just realized your problem. I'll still just leave it after this. Your onboard video is still set as your primary device. Go into the CMOS and change it from onboard to PCI. It should be under Intergrated Peripherals or something like that.

1) The power led would have nothing to do with it not Posting, so that's definetly not a problem.

2) Whatever the jumper is set to is Normal, move the jumper to the other pin, and that's reset. Please read the manual, it will explain this kind of stuff.

3) It very well could be a grounding problem, but I sort of doubt it if you get a beep. Is the beep a quick one, long one, or what?

4) Would make absoluely no difference, but you'll probably have to. Windows XP doesn't like major hardware changes.

filthyt4co

thank you

ok the beep i was referring to was a short single beep. I get no video so how do i change the cmos without any? And my mother board never came with any book or manual it just came with a big peice of paper that said put the processor here a big picture of the mother board, and a map telling me where things plug into. then i flip it over and i see the part where i put the cd in and it runs the menu that i cannot see. i checked it out on other websites this board doesnt come with a manual, they said their test board never came with a manual either.

and thank you for your help.

SirKenin

banned
I don't know why people are so convinced that that setting in the BIOS "Init display first" does anything of value. It doesn't. It has nothing to do with whether an AGP card will work over the onboard video. All it does is tell the BIOS which display to initialize first. It will check the PCI bus and if there's nothing there it will default to the onboard. The BIOS is set to automatically use the AGP card if it's there, so everybody offering this advice to set that setting to make it work should be advised that that setting does nothing to help the problem.

If the onboard display works, but not the AGP, that means you have a problem elsewhere. It could very well be the VGA card that is causing the problem. Trying another one would eliminate the possibility. If a second one doesn't work then the mobo is at fault. Try plugging the monitor cable into the onboard video while the ATi card is installed. If it works then the BIOS isn't detecting the VGA. Simple as that.

filthyt4co

ok i still have a problem

the mobo is nto saying my video card is there so i took it out. and the cd tried to run and still didnt work. I am still trying different things so yea idk.

I havnt been able to see anything yet or instal the drivers fro the mobo so im starting to get angry and it coming up on 4am is nto helping me at all.

Bronson7

the mobo is nto saying my video card is there so i took it out. and the cd tried to run and still didnt work. I am still trying different things so yea idk.

I havnt been able to see anything yet or instal the drivers fro the mobo so im starting to get angry and it coming up on 4am is nto helping me at all.
I'm no guru by any means, but my understanding is that installing a new mobo with an existing hard drive can present problems and many times will require a Repair installation of windows. This isn't ideal and after it's up and running, I'd back-up everything of importance and do a clean install. Google it for tons of info on a Repair (not the Recovery Console). Hopefully your mobo is set to boot from a CD by default.
I don't see where you were even able to get into the bios. I would remove everything except mobo, memory and cpu and see if you post, then get into the bios and set your boot priority to CD. Put everything back in and do a repair.
Bronson7

Last edited: