My mouse is behaving badly

techcom

Hi,

My mouse has not be working in my usb 2s ports. i have tested the mouse in every usb 2 port and it shows there is power but the control side of things are not working. i have tried reinstalling the drivers for the usb ports but this never helped either. i am just now in the process of doing a clean install of windows but because the usb 2 ports are not working i am unable to navigate the around the installation process.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
If it is behaving fine on USB3 then just use it that way. Do other devices have issues on your USB 2 ports?

techcom

The trouble is I need to reinstall windows and usb 3 never works through installation process. I have tried a keyboard as well and that is not working although my usb drive stick does read/write.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try resetting cmos. Unplug power from power supply, remove cmos battery from motherboard, press and hold power button on case for 10 seconds then wait 10 minutes. Then reinsert battery, reconnect power and try using usb again. If not, you'll need a new motherboard since getting a usb addin card won't work until inside windows.