My netowrk is ******

Adam Warren

How the hell do i network my comp's. im geting pissed. i have been trying now for a long time. i can network them but the email and connection gets all ******. I have to restart every 20 mins to get my interent when the network does work, i use a d-link router. HELP

SlothX311

need a little more info, such as operating system and configuration of your networking, both on the physical and software layer

Adam Warren

hmm

umm. well all three computers run on windows XP home. i have a d-link DI-604. I have all the cables hooked up, i can acess the shared folders inthe network, just the internet on the other two computers wont work. i called my internet provider and they said it has to do with the rouder. I have a zonealarm fire wall on my computers, along with a fire wall in the router, i am totaly oblivious to what the problem is. :(

SlothX311

right click "My Network Places" then click "Network Connections" then right click "Local Area Connection" then under the "General" tab highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" once this is highlighted select "Properties" then under the "General" tab in this new window check the circle that has the "Use the following IP address" and type in 192.168.1.100 on one of the computers, 192.168.1.101 on another, and 192.168.1.102 on the third one, with 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask....

im thinking you might have to assign IP's when you go through some routers cause thier cool like that

Lanther

I had the same problem with that router and Zone Alarm I had to uninstall Zone Alarm to get it to work it and the router firewall were conflicting.

W

wwfc_barmy_army

I had the same problem with that router and Zone Alarm I had to uninstall Zone Alarm to get it to work it and the router firewall were conflicting.

Yep, this is a problem with one of our PC's. Although the router still had many other problems and often would just 'block' traffic. I now stay away from the 'cheaper' models of router. In this world you get what you pay for. I had problems with many of the 'cheaper' routers, i then decided to get a £150 Draytec router, not one problem ;)

Pete.