My New Gaming PC

Squidward

Hi guys! I recently have been building a gaming PC. I just want some responses from you guys on how well this PC will handle. I'll go ahead and start off saying the monitor I will be using will be the VG248QE 144Hz Asus monitor. The type of games I plan on playing will be large open world games like Dying Light, H1Z1, ARK etc.. Thank you so much for any responses!

• Case - Storm Stryker (Full Tower)
  • Additional Case Fans - 2 x Corsair AF 120 Quiet Edition Fans
  • Intel Processor Haswell - Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz (Six Core)
  • CPU Cooling - Phanteks Blue
  • Intel Motherboard 2011 - [4 Way X-Fire & SLI] Asus X99 RAMPAGE V EXTREME
  • Quad - Channel Memory - 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666Mhz
  • Primary Hard Drive - 3TB 7200 RPM
  • Graphics Card - Dual Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB
  • Power Supply - [Modular] Corsair RM Series RM850 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold
If there is anymore information needed just let me know.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
That monitor is only 1080p so that computer will handle just about any game you throw at it with a high-end i7 and two GTX 980s. If you're only gaming and plan to use a 1080p monitor I'd suggest spending a bit less, maybe going for an i5 6600K or an i7 6700K and changing the board and RAM (if the RAM you have listed there is DDR3) to suit and sticking with a single GTX 980, which is probably overkill for 1080p anyway.

If you really want a machine like this then I'd recommend one GTX 980 Ti (or maybe even one Titan) rather than two GTX 980s.

kam

Spirit said it spot on. Unless you're going to be doing some hardcore stuff like streaming and or video editing, sticking with a single card and maybe a cheaper cpu may be good in the long run for saving some $...but hey, if you have the cash why not? Good luck :)