My new gaming rig

dave1701

Probably not worth a thread but I went down to new egg and bought this top of the line machine right here.

1FV7s.jpg

yWmYn.jpg

gwEM7.jpg

KLQek.jpg

WzsKo.jpg

aHxjo.jpg

In reality, I need a little help identifying some of this stuff. I know it has a dual Pentium 3 motherboard and looks to have SO-DIMM ram. I am gonna put another P3 in there after I get it working, then try to run linux on it to use as a server.

wolfeking

banned
control - morks for resize. Anyway, for OP, that looks to be a nice old machine. I can help with IDing some of it, but most of it is before my time.
I am seeing a ATA or possible floppy ribbon up top. There is a boatload of SCSI cables in there. ON the rear interfaces, I am seeing some SCSI externals and a serial expansion, the other one I can not identify. If I remember right, that is PC133 RAM, maybe not DIMM, might be SIMM, not sure when the change over happened. May possibly be RDRAM also, that started in the P3/P4 days.
Last thing I can not identify is the cable management. Appears that was a recent invention. lol.

dave1701

yea this was made before I was born and I am 17. The RAM is sodimm. The processor is a a Pentium P54C @90mhz and it has 64mb of ram. I realized I cant do anything with it at all so I put it back in the basement.

spirit

Staff member
yea this was made before I was born and I am 17. The RAM is sodimm. The processor is a a Pentium P54C @90mhz and it has 64mb of ram. I realized I cant do anything with it at all so I put it back in the basement.

You should try maxxing BF3 out on it. :p

Joking of course. Pretty nice vintage machine, we've got a 386 system downstairs too (or it may be 486, I forget now). Sadly it doesn't work though. :(

jonnyp11

i have a computer about that size, but when i opened it up, the height was because of a monster power supply then the mobo was almost itx sized, so weird.

dave1701

yea this works but I cant figure out why it wont recognize the CPU or floppy. I dont know anything about PCs this old, and I am used to the bios automatically setting things up for me and stuff. So its back in the basement.

Hyper-Threaded

yea this works but I cant figure out why it wont recognize the CPU or floppy. I dont know anything about PCs this old, and I am used to the bios automatically setting things up for me and stuff. So its back in the basement.

Do you happen to be on the DIY go kart forum?