my new laptop =]

Mez

I finnaly got my ASUS Eee :D

Its a nifty little laptop! I love it! I use it whenever im on the go, or not at home. Of course it sucks for playing games, but I use it for web surfing and email checking.

And I only payed 299.99 on newegg =]

Heres a pic I took:
206h087.jpg

Mez

nah im not taking a chance of blowing it up XD Its too awesome to blow up =] Oh and yes, it has Linux, didn't feel like paying extra =P

AND im thinking of upgrading to Ubuntu, but im not sure if it will work =P

EDIT: I played BF2 Demo on it! Surprizingly it has DirectX 9 on it!

Last edited:

theasian100

i was rly interested in that lil thingy :D how would u rate it? 1-10 10 being the most super duper awesomest kickbutt thing ever

Mez

15 being the ultimate portable , bestest, awesomest, coolest, sexiest, hottest laptop ever!!! I played BF2 on low-med settings =] thats good enough for me, and i saw a youtube video of a guy playing World of Warcraft on it

theasian100

nice. yeah i really want one but my moms says "you don't need a laptop because your just gonna go buy a bigger one when you go to college"

but i don't want a 15.4 inch laptop :/

is it hard to type on that keyboard?

Mez

no accually, it is very easy, but the keyboard is kinda small so i type with one hand =P

BobsYourUncle

I have the identical unit. It is awesome. Carry it anywhere, it grabs wifi very easily with any fiddling around. I walk into a coffee shop, turn it on, wait a few seconds and I'm online!

Of course you have to scroll a bit more but who cares?

Have fun with the new toy!

Mez

thanks =DDDD

oh and omega, the battery life is about 1 and 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Which is pretty good for a very small laptop

Geoff

VIP Member
I've seen some super long life batteries that claim to last like 10+ hours, although they are quite large IIRC.

Mez

Well the Asus Eee uses a pretty small battery, so it probably means that it cannot hold much. Although I would like to see a Modded Eee with 10 hours of battery life XD.

And Tnick: Yea I want to upgrade the SS Disk, but im scared the HDD will not fit in the laptop =P

EDIT: 300th post =P