My new pc turns off itself

Emre Kaygusuz

Hello everyone,

I've just bought this desktop computer from amazon. It turned off itself 4 times on day one. I couldn't turn it on after that. I plugged it off from the socket before i went to sleep.
On day two which is today when i plugged it on, it turned on and turned off 2 times. I couldn't call the firm because I've got it on Friday. I'm going to call them tomorrow however i just want to see your comments. What should i do?
As a fact I have seen some comments under the website and some people says that they have PSU issue.
Thank You

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADMI-Sport...09317835&sr=8-7&keywords=admi+ultra+gaming+pc

Last edited:

Calin

I looked at that amazon page and it doesn't say which PSU it has. Could you open it up, take a picture and post it here? That way we can tell if it's a decent PSU or not (if it's not, then I'm pretty sure that's why you're having issues)

Emre Kaygusuz

Firstly, thank you for the reply and helping me.
I don't want to open it up because of the warranty to be honest. They might bring it back to check what the problem is. I'll call them tomorrow and I'll let you know.
I might be wrong but it turned off itself whenever i started to play a game more than watching videos on youtube etc. because today i spent like couple of hours by watching movies and it was alright.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are unwilling to open the case then there isn't much we can help with. It most likely has a crappy psu in it

However, I would be leary about that whole machine as specs say it has fx 4300 with DDR4 ram. The FX4300 is only compatible with DDR3 ram. And it says it only has a trial version of windows 10 installed?

Emre Kaygusuz

If you are unwilling to open the case then there isn't much we can help with. It most likely has a crappy psu in it

However, I would be leary about that whole machine as specs say it has fx 4300 with DDR4 ram. The FX4300 is only compatible with DDR3 ram. And it says it only has a trial version of windows 10 installed?

Thanks for your support. You might be right. I was also curious about windows 10 version because i couldn't find a key code on it. Anyways I will tell the RAM thing and windows thing as well.
Thank you.

upload_2017-10-30_1-4-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-30_1-1-32.png
    upload_2017-10-30_1-1-32.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 2

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It pays to read all the information. I would return it for something newer with an AMD Ryzen cpu. The fx cpu's are old now. And make sure it has the full windows 10 and no trial.

Emre Kaygusuz

You're right. That was my first experience so I am glad that i have some issues to be honest. Hopefully I can solve it. Thanks for your support, i have some ideas on my mind now.

Emre Kaygusuz

By the way i think the problem is Ram. You were right. Fx 4300 is not compatible with DDR4 but i can't understand why just me? because it says that it has DDR4 and I am the only person who has issue.

Calin

By the way i think the problem is Ram. You were right. Fx 4300 is not compatible with DDR4 but i can't understand why just me? because it says that it has DDR4 and I am the only person who has issue.
Your system is running DDR3. DDR4 isn't physically compatible with your board although I don't see DDR4 being mentioned anywhere on that Amazon page

Emre Kaygusuz

Anyways I called them and I'm going to refund the PC. Now I'm looking forward to buy a new one. Thanks for your supports.

Last edited:

Calin

Anyways I called them and I'm going to refund the PC. Now I'm looking forward to buy a new one. Thanks for your supports.
I suggest you build one. Most companies like this one use pretty dirty marketing tactics and don't pay attention while building them.

Darren

Staff member
I'd probably look at Newegg rather than Amazon as their quality on prebuilts is typically better.

Building is ideal but if you're not comfortable with it you can still get good prebuilts (despite what some others might say).