my old phone is not turning one because i rooted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
my old phone is not turning one because i rooted it when i rooted it use kingroot apk and i download a rom and stop working when i download the rom the rom name was xblast apk my phone name is samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE model name is SM-G360P can i fix it or no i should buy a new one 151201-090625.jpg

Geoff

VIP Member
Before you go flashing ROMs you need to have a better understanding as to what you are actually doing. ROMs don't come in APK format, that's only for Android applications. To flash a ROM you'd first need to be rooted, then you need to install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP, then you flash the ZIP for the ROM in recovery.

Best course of action is to check out the XDA forums, look for your phone, and perform a "back to stock" method.

Before you go flashing ROMs you need to have a better understanding as to what you are actually doing. ROMs don't come in APK format, that's only for Android applications. To flash a ROM you'd first need to be rooted, then you need to install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP, then you flash the ZIP for the ROM in recovery.

Best course of action is to check out the XDA forums, look for your phone, and perform a "back to stock" method.
i cant fixed it i have to buy a new one

Geoff

VIP Member
Why can't you fix it? Did you try returning it to stock using the methods on XDA? Did you at least try a hard reset?

Geoff

VIP Member
what will that do
It restores the factory software to your phone. If you messed up your phone while rooting, usually this is the fix, unless it's a hard brick which doesn't appear to be in this case as it's stuck on the boot screen.

Go on XDA, search for your phone, and look for a thread on how to return your phone to stock.

It restores the factory software to your phone. If you messed up your phone while rooting, usually this is the fix, unless it's a hard brick which doesn't appear to be in this case as it's stuck on the boot screen.

Go on XDA, search for your phone, and look for a thread on how to return your phone to stock.
how

Geoff

VIP Member
You can't search for generic instructions, you need one specific to your exact phone as you need to download factory images and software specific to that phone. Look at the link I posted above, that will tell you how to return it to stock.

Assuming you do have the Samsung Galaxy Prevail.

You can't search for generic instructions, you need one specific to your exact phone as you need to download factory images and software specific to that phone. Look at the link I posted above, that will tell you how to return it to stock.

Assuming you do have the Samsung Galaxy Prevail.
yes

Status
Not open for further replies.