My order that I attempted to place

peter912

So I attempted to place an order at this web site. My payment went through at Paypal and then I was redirected back to the web site to complete my order. However, this is what I saw instead of the order page, what is this ? Does this mean that I paid and my merchandise will not be delivered to me ? I tried phoning and I also sent an e mail but so far they have not replied. I also put in a complaint at Paypal about this and I have 180 days . It's not a huge amount, $15 but one doesn't like to lose any amount of money for nothing .

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You see up top where it says "not secure" up to the left of the website name? Thats not good. If you can't contact the company then I guess you will have to wait the 180 days. Stay away from not secure websites.

peter912

You see up top where it says "not secure" up to the left of the website name? Thats not good. If you can't contact the company then I guess you will have to wait the 180 days. Stay away from not secure websites.
That page wouldn't have contained any payment information because payment was made through Paypal. This page would only have contained the information on where to send it . Why would they have a non secure web site anyways ? Does even a person's name and address put one at risk from fraudsters ? I think they are legitimate because they even have an actual store as far as I can tell from their web site but I still don't like the way they conduct business. I am just glad that the amount of money involved is only $15 and that Paypal stands behind it .

peter912

Update:

I received an e mail, that the order never did go through but they did receive the payment from Paypal . I sent them a reply asking if I could cancel the order because they don't have that item in stock anyways.

beers

Staff member
That data path concerns me since this is just someone hosting the site off of a desktop or similar (/users/dave). The error itself is a misconfigured backend dependency. This dude doesn't even know how to configure SSL or didn't bother in the case of a dishonest site.

I'd be submitting a dispute immediately.

peter912

That data path concerns me since this is just someone hosting the site off of a desktop or similar (/users/dave). The error itself is a misconfigured backend dependency. This dude doesn't even know how to configure SSL or didn't bother in the case of a dishonest site.

I'd be submitting a dispute immediately.
Yes, PayPal is issuing me a refund because the merchant did not have the ordered item in stock anyways.