My rig: 2016 refresh

Laquer Head

Still a few finishing touches to do, but I updated my rig over the last 6 weeks.

Added a GTX 1080, swapped out 2 of 4 SSD's, 2 new fans, and the best part.. The mid tower has been retired and the new Corsair 780T is in full effect!

All this, coupled with a fresh install of Windows 10 last night, and I'm good to go till new parts next summer.

Vicious critique and smack talk is welcomed...

Attachments

• PC1.jpg
    PC1.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 30
  • PC2.jpg
    PC2.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 29
  • PC3.jpg
    PC3.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: C4C

ihoks

Still a few finishing touches to do, but I updated my rig over the last 6 weeks.

Added a GTX 1080, swapped out 2 of 4 SSD's, 2 new fans, and the best part.. The mid tower has been retired and the new Corsair 780T is in full effect!

All this, coupled with a fresh install of Windows 10 last night, and I'm good to go till new parts next summer.

Vicious critique and smack talk is welcomed...
Looks sweet! I'm looking for a new tower, how do you like the the Corsair 780T so far? Stil not sure if I rather want a mid tower, but this one is sexy!

Laquer Head

Looks sweet! I'm looking for a new tower, how do you like the the Corsair 780T so far? Stil not sure if I rather want a mid tower, but this one is sexy!

It's a great case, but big.. Full Tower is no joke, make sure you have the room and need a chassis this size!

ihoks

It's a great case, but big.. Full Tower is no joke, make sure you have the room and need a chassis this size!
Hm good point, I'm afraid my table is too low for that beast. So I'm hijacking your thread :) any ideas for an excellent mid tower? something pretty, maybe with a glass side panel (to see my new upcoming rig :))), and something quite in the same time which probably means no see through side panel. Also something quality so can last the next "decade" and enough space for a 110 all in one cooling solution.

Laquer Head

I've never seen spiral SATA cables, what's the point of them? lol

zero point, none what so ever...LOL I ripped them from another build that was in this old steel chassis with no cable management space behind the tray. When I transplanted them, I never straightened them. lol

Laquer Head

Hm good point, I'm afraid my table is too low for that beast. So I'm hijacking your thread :) any ideas for an excellent mid tower? something pretty, maybe with a glass side panel (to see my new upcoming rig :))), and something quite in the same time which probably means no see through side panel. Also something quality so can last the next "decade" and enough space for a 110 all in one cooling solution.

...wait...what? I hijack threads here, not the other way around...

dammit.,.wheres a mod or admin when you actually need one...*rages*

Darren

Staff member
...wait...what? I hijack threads here, not the other way around...

dammit.,.wheres a mod or admin when you actually need one...*rages*

I'd suggest making a new thread in the Cases subforum as you're likely to get better responses in your own thread.

http://www.computerforum.com/forums/computer-cases-power-supplies-and-cooling.8/