MY Rode NT1 does not work.

Otto

So, 2 weeks ago, I bought the rode NT1, with a 48 V power supply and a xlr to jack adapter. But when I listen to myself through the microphone, I hear my voice but it's very low and I hear a very loud background noise. But it's like it's coming from inside of the computer. Because, I tried to remove the power supply and the microphone and I've plugged the xlr to jack adapter in the computer without the xlr being plugged in anything and when I listen to the "microphone" in my settings, I hear the same background noise. So I'm sure the noise is not coming from the microphone or the power supply. So what can it be? What is causing the background noise?

Agent Smith

Is this the sound card you are plugging into? It could be time to replace it. If you hear a hum it's the power supply. Is there a driver update for the sound card?

Otto

No the sound card isn't the problem, the thing is the plug of the power supply is american and I live in switzerland, so I have to use a transformator that reduces the volts from 220 v to 110 v and then I plug the power supply in the 110v but I can hear my voice but not loud at all and I hear a gigantic noise, a sort of wind noice. Could the problem be that the transformator isn't working right?