My soon to be awesome sound system.

Geoff

VIP Member
lol, right now I see two fairly cheap speakers in a giant soda can, why would you want that anyways?

g4m3rof1337

No.
Once i get outlines and a draft going, i am going to to get 3 or more speakers in there, mounted and if possible a woofer, and make the case a bit better.

But those speakers do the job, but there not staying.
itll be used for wherever i need speakers.
Like lans lol, prolly not.

But whereever.

Ben

VIP Member
They look like cheap speakers but doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'd like to hear it in action. :)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Haha... That actually might sound good with the right speakers. My roommate has a large sub and amp he's trying to sell. Shall I ask how much? :p

heyman421

banned
that's way too much airspace for small drivers

you're going to need to install each of the speakers in some sort of baffle, or they're just going to self destruct

g4m3rof1337

Thanks....
But, i wouldnt go this far, just to get shot down by a comment.
I considered it.
Matter of fact, i came up with this idea yesterday, and spent today labeling stuff and checking it out, and finding the speakers. which were hiding.

heyman421

banned
Thanks....
But, i wouldnt go this far, just to get shot down by a comment.
I considered it.
Matter of fact, i came up with this idea yesterday, and spent today labeling stuff and checking it out, and finding the speakers. which were hiding.

wasn't a comment, it's fact

speakers need to be in a suitable baffle for them to project sound

ever just hook up a speaker free air to see what happens?

They don't make much sound, and are blown quite easily

your idea is feasable, all i'm saying is that you'll need to incorporate some sort of baffle into your design, or the backwaves of the speakers are going to cancel eachother out inside that enclosure

google, or youtube search for "freeair subwoofer" and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about

Ben

VIP Member
I know!
ehehehhe lol

I may consider using it for my lan parties, but yeah.

You should get like 5 of them...Then set them up around your room for surround sound. Everybody would be clueless as to why you have 5 red bull bins and why there is noise coming out of them. :p

Ben

VIP Member
first of all, don't double post. There is such thing as an edit button. Second of all, Don't be coming in here insulting people by calling them cheap and critizing their ideas just because you think it's stupid. If you're gonna be doing that, you're gonna need to leave. Ever think it's more fun to build something yourself then to just go out and buy something new?

Last edited: